Do you have what it takes to become the mother (or father) of dragons? Venture deep underground in search for answers. Look for a dragon to tame and then watch as it grows to become your most powerful pet which will protect you no matter what danger lies ahead. Even though you can’t ride them they are still one of the most epic and powerful mobs you will ever find in Minecraft PE.
Dragons replace bats and can be found spawning in caves. Even though most of them spawn as passive creatures (meaning, they won’t attack you) there’s always a 17% chance that a hostile dragon can spawn.
Wild dragons spawn in either of the following stages.
- Stage 1: 10 hearts, passive, tameable
- Stage 2: 15 hearts, passive, tameable
- Stage 3: 20 hearts, passive, tameable
- Stage 4: 25 hearts, passive, tameable
- Stage 5: 30 hearts, hostile, not tameable
In this case, I found small dragon. You can use any type of cooked meat to tame a dragon. Heart particles will appear if you successfully tamed it.
A tamed dragon goes through a growth of six stages and each stage can be accelerated by feeding it more cooked meat (or some gunpowder for the last stage).
- Stage 1: 15 hearts, passive
- Stage 2: 25 hearts, passive
- Stage 3: 40 hearts, passive:
- Stage 4: 65 hearts, helps its owner by spitting fire
- Stage 5: 90 hearts, helps its owner by spitting fire (takes 24 minutes to reach this stage, accelerate with cooked meat)
- Stage 6 : 125 hearts, helps its owner by spitting explosive fireballs (takes another 20 minutes to reach this stage, accelerate with gunpowder)
A dragon will only protect its owner once it has grown to stage 4.
Mature dragons have a special appetite for sheep. If they see one you can be sure that they will soon be preparing their dinner!
After a long adventure tie it to a fence post and feed it some cooked meat to heal it. (It doesn’t have to be tied to a fence post but this makes it easier.)
Here are the Ice Dragon and Nether Dragon textures.
- Download Behaviors .McPack
- Download one of the two resources packs:
- Apply packs for a world in-game