This medieval adventure map takes place in the lands of Avon. You play as a legendary hero tasked with finding all of the lost relics of Avon which are scattered across the kingdom deep in crypts and high in mountains. Only when all the relics are found can the prophecy be fulfilled and the great dragon summoned.
There are a lot of command blocks in this map, making it feel like a much more fun and streamlined experience. There is supposedly hours of gameplay and quite a few quests (along with some hidden bonus quests).
How to play?
You will spawn in a hub where you should read all the signs for instructions of how to play.
The map is very large and open with loads of destinations you will visit on your adventure as well as other locations you can explore as you wish; every structure has its own secrets and treasures. There are multiple quests which you must complete to find each of the relics (which take the form of Nether stars).
These quests are set out in individual quest books in a chest at your home. Each leading you to another relic. When all relics are found, the final quest involves using them to summon the great dragon which you must kill before it destroys the kingdom.
The map is actually built on the same map Shrimp1970’s The Last Kingdom: Stonehaven, Swampton & Skrimville medieval map, however hundreds of additional structures have been added and the adventure itself doesn’t require much interaction with Shrimp’s original builds.
- Part one of the map takes you on a journey to find lost relics (nether stars) scattered across Avon in various locations. Each quest book guides you to a different one. When all these relics are found, the dragon must be summoned and defeated before it awakes by itself and destroys the kingdom.
- Part 2 of the map takes place after killing the dragon. You are teleported to a brand new location; the Capital City of Stonehaven. The king has summoned you there to give you a knighthood for killing the dragon. However, the orcs are planning on reviving the dragon in an alternate dimension; the DragonRealm (the End Dimension). You must complete quests to find the lost Virtus (Eyes of Ender) in order to enter the DragonRealm and kill the dragon once again.
Map of World
The map includes hundreds of quests in various medieval-style locations, including a massive tower inspired by Isengard from Lord of the Rings.
As the world is so large, you can view a hand-drawn map of it here: Map of Avon
Some parts of the map can be quite difficult, and so a useful walkthrough document is available which will tell you how to complete each of the quests. If you get stuck or lost, please see this guide for help. Coordinates are also given.
- Play in adventure mode
- Turn mob griefing off
- Turn fire spread off
- Turn difficulty on
- Have ‘Keep Inventory’ on
- New location: Hearthstone Farm (on the main road leading out of Stonehaven on ‘Part 2’ of the map).
- Major fixes to some quests where there were Redstone errors.
- IMPORTANT: Please note that this is the last major update I’ll be releasing for a while, so do not worry about starting playing only to find a new update has been released (which I know troubled some of you). Major updates will return sometime in the future.
- Version 2.0 includes a whole new area of the map to explore after killing the dragon in part one (where the map ended in previous versions) complete with a continuing story line and tons of new quests and locations (stated below)
- New Quest: The Witch of the Swamp (Find the witches house in the vast swamp, kill her and retrieve her virtu)
- New Quest: The Tombs of Tarragon Henge (Enter the crypt of Tarragon Henge, where a Necromancer lives to retrieve his Virtu)
- New structure: Tower of Orthanc (Massive replica of Isengard tower from Lord of the Rings. In the finale of part two of the map, climb the tower and use the Virtus (eyes of ender) which you found to enter the DragonRealm.
This map is fully multiplayer compatible. Find below a video tour of the Kingdom of Avon map:
Important Notes: It’s definitely recommended that you use John Smith Textures with this map as some items rely on this pack (it’s included by default in the world download).
File size exceeds 200 MB!