Legacy Pack is a new resource pack which main focus is on changing the way you experience Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, and to make it more similar to Java Edition. This is being done by changing the UI (user interface) graphics and textures to look more like Java. There are also changes being made to the sound to sound like those on Java. If you’re an old school Java player then this is a must-try if you’re playing Bedrock Edition.
What are some of the new features?
Here’s the new layout for the start screen. Most things except for the buttons appear to have been changed.
The world creation screen is completely redesigned. This is probably the UI screen which is the closest as to how it looks on Java Edition.
Here’s the new and awesome design for the inventory.
Also the Pause screen has been modified to look more like it does on Java.
There are lots of other modifications included in this resource pack. Here’s a list of all things which have been modified.
- Water now looks more like Java Edition
- Removed mip map levels to make it feel more like Java
- Tweeked Sugar cane texture
- Added Boat sounds (paddle land and paddle water)
- Changed Rain sounds
- Added Squid Sounds (ambient.in.water, hurt.in.water and death.in.water)
- Added mob.slime.attack sound
- Added mob.magmacube.jump sound
- Tweaked Cauldron, Chests, Doors sounds
- User Interface
- New Inventory UI (creative, survival, crafting)
- New Start, Pause
- New Chat Screen
- New HUD
- New Progress Screen
- New Settings Sections
- New World Settings Sections
- New World Create Sections
- New World Edit Sections
- New Toast Screen
Note: Set the user interface (UI) to Classic, Change your Gui Scale to Medium (Only if you’re playing on small-screen device)
- Download Resources .McPack
- Open Minecraft
- Settings > Global Resources > Activate the resource pack