The portal cores addon takes the wonderful spherical cores from the award winning video games Portal and Portal 2 and turns them into a piece of Minecraft joy. Cores have been inspired both from the game and the meet the cores YouTube videos linked below. 10 cores have been added to the game, each with different functions and uses. More cores will be added over time. Glad0s is also in the works (but that one will take a while). Also included is the highly dangerous turret. If you meet one of these in the wild while under geared. Believe me… you won’t last long.
- Wheatley core (blue) (villager)
- Gives: mob spawner, experience bottle, totem of undying, nether star
- Needs: heart of the sea, magma cream, ender eye, glass bottle, emeralds, nether star
- Curiosity core (orange) (villager)
- Gives: emeralds, name tags, bookshelf
- Wants: emeralds, written book, beacon
- Ego core (light pink) (villager)
- Gives: emeralds, dragon head, ender chest, diamond horse armor
- Wants: redstone, glowstone dust, pumpkin, emeralds, brewing stand
- Fact core (dark pink) (villager)
- Gives: mansion map, ender eye, ender pearl
- Wants: emeralds, spawn eggs (dropped by drill sergeant core), compass
- Adventure core (green) (villager)
- Gives: ender crystal, dragon egg, elytra, emeralds
- Wants: diamond sword, iron sword, shield, emeralds, emerald blocks, nether star
- Chuck core (full blue) (iron golem)
- Drops: iron ingots
- Interactions: interact with the drill sergeant core in order to spawn other cores. This is a good work around for those who cannot find a village with the right cores in it. However, there is also a chance that it will spawn in zombie cores instead of normal cores so be cautious.
- Will not attack you until it is attacked first.
- Attacks turrets
- Zombie cores (zombie villager)
- No behavior changes, their just dangerous.
- Drill sergeant core (full green) (witch)
- Drops: ender pearls, gun powder, empty spawn eggs
- Interactions: give it a mob spawner to spawn in the omnicore (this is a good work around for those who cannot find the mansion) (mob spawners are obtainable from villager cores)
- Always hostile, will spawn in turrets to try and kill you.
- Omnicore (full brown) (evoker)
- Drops: totem of undying, diamonds, emeralds
- Interactions: you can ask the omnicore a question, and something random will happen. (explode, cake trade, death, teleport, spawn cores (random), spawn turrets, spawn birds, spawn sheep, transform into wither, major trade (explained below)
- Turret (creeper)
- Always hostile, and very dangerous, it will try to kill you with a sudden burst of arrows.
One of the surprise options of the omnicore is a massive trade option that requires you to have certain items on hand to perform, but if done properly, it will benefit you greatly. All steps must be done in order.
Step #1: an interaction will allow you to give it a diamond.
Step #2: a new interaction will allow to give it an emerald.
Step #3: a new interaction will allow you to give it a totem of undying.
Step #4: one last interaction will allow you to give it a wither skeleton skull.
Result: 12 end portal frames, a saddle, and a name tag.
Meet the cores videos: (videos do not belong to me, but do deserve credit for the inspiration)
- I grant full permission for any users to create content on YouTube or maps using or based around my addon.
- I do not grant permission for my addon to be remixed and posted on any site for download including this one.
- comment down below for any questions.
- Also, visit my YouTube channel. There are no videos yet, but it is coming as soon as I get a new laptop.
- finally, my patreon, go visit there if you want. its payed per project, so if you want to see more stuff, leave a donation and you just may see more.
- made to be compatible with the portal gun addon/command.
- changed the “adventure core”s name to “rick the adventure core”.
- gave Ego Core his badge.
- more turrets and cores in the coming months!!