Polar Bears are one of the new mobs in version 1.0.0 of Minecraft Pocket Edition. They are neutral animals which can be found spawning in snow biomes. This addon makes it possible to tame the bears by feeding them fish and then keep them as a pet. They will follow you around and even allow you to ride them.
Creator: MitchellDawud03, Twitter Account
Updated: 2 January, 2016 (polar bears will now defend you from attackers)
How does it work?
To tame a polar bear you will need some raw fish. It only works with raw fish so make sure that you aren’t using some other type.
- iOS / Android: Long press on the polar bear while holding a fish in your hand and then press Tame
- Windows 10: Hold a fish in your hand and right-click on a polar bear
Keep feeding it raw fish until you see some hearts and then you will know it is tamed.
Tired of walking? Mount the bear and let it carry you. Hold a fish in your hand to control the direction.
The bear can be tied to a fence post if you don’t want it to be following you anymore.
Tamed ones will protect you against hostile mobs which are aggressive toward you.
Treat your tamed bears with respect otherwise they will kill you.
- You can tame baby bears and ride them
- You can order them to sit/stand similar to a wolf (no animation)
- Download Behavior .McPack
- Activate the pack for a world in-game