The Wizard Magic Balls Addon adds 7 magic items to the game which can be thrown and then cause a number of different occurrences. Most of them can be used as a weapon against hostile players or mobs but some of them, such as the health ball, can also be used for good purposes. There’s a downside to it and that is that it replaces items such as the fishing rod.
What different balls are there?
There are 7 different balls and each of them has unique powers.
- Freezing Ball (Fishing Rod): Freezes the enemy for a couple of seconds.
- Explosive Ball (Eye of Ender): Causes a huge explosion and lots of fire.
- Health Ball (Snowball): Heals the target(s) instantly. Works on both mobs and players. Lingers on the ground for several seconds.
- Levitation Ball (Bottle o’ Enchanting): Causes the mob or players to start levitating.
- Poisonous Ball (Ender Pearl): A linger potion effect which lingers for several seconds. Can cause damage to multiple mobs at the same time.
- TNT Ball (Bow): Spawns a primed TNT block.
- Lightning Ball (Egg): Summons lightning bolts.
Let’s have a look at some of the magic wizard balls. In the first image you can see what happened right after I threw an Explosive Ball.
The Health Ball is really useful in case you need to heal a large group of players (or mobs) at the same time. You can return to it later too as it lingers for a long time.
The Levitation Ball can be used as a weapon to quickly subdue a monster or a player. It can also be used on yourself if you need to get past some type of obstacles.
The Poisonous Ball causes a lingering potion effect which lasts for several seconds. Any mob or player which steps into the green ring will be poisoned.
The Lightning Ball can be used for summoning a lightning bolt. It inflicts some damage as well as sets the ground, mob or player on fire.