The Zombie Commando is a brand new boss that doesn’t replace any mobs. You spawn it instead by using a name tag on a specific mob in-game. This add-on was inspired by GamerJon’s Pesky Chicken Boss add-on. Check it out, because it’s a good one!
Updated: 8 August, 2018 (read changelog)
How does it work?
The Zombie Commando doesn’t spawn naturally in the world. The only way to fight him is by naming a zombie “Commando” using a name tag. It’s important that you name a normal zombie, and not a husk or a drowned. Place a name tag in an anvil to rename a name tag.
Be careful! This is an extremely dangerous boss!
It’s highly recommended to gear up with some diamond armor and a diamond sword before attempting to spawn the Commando boss.
- Health: 400 (200 Hearts)
- Attack Damage: 75 (A devastating hit, even with a full set of Diamond Armor)
- Effect: 6-second Blindness
- Ability 1: Summons Zombies ranging from a mere squad to a full-on army (also summons Skeletons and Creepers)
- Ability 2: Inflicts a 6-second Blindness debuff to players who got hit
If you think fighting the Commando on water would make things easier, you may be wrong, as it doesn’t slow down the Commando even by a tiny bit. It only disables his ability to summon in squads. So unless you think going for a dive and damaging the Commando underneath is also a good idea, it’s best to avoid fighting the Commando on water at all costs.
There’s also a Husk variant that summons Husks and Strays instead of Zombies and Skeletons, but still spawns the usual Creepers.
- Zombie Warrior: an armored zombie that always wields an enchanted Iron Sword. Has a Husk variant. (30HP/15 Hearts)
- Zombie Elite : a tougher version of the Zombie Warrior, always wields an enchanted Diamond Axe. (50HP/25 Hearts)
- Zombie Runner: a zombie that runs faster than other zombies. Has a Husk variant.
- Zombie Gladiator: a golden-armored enchanted axe-wielding zombie that is tougher, having 50HP (25 hearts), and hits harder, dealing a total of 10DMG (5 hearts). a Husk exclusive.
- Zombies, Skeletons, Strays, and Husks (with the exception of it’s Gladiator type) have their health reduced to 10HP (5 hearts)
- Creepers have their health reduced to 30HP (15 hearts) and a shorter fuse duration (seriously, start getting your diamond gear)
- Drowned Commando counterpart
- more summon choices for the Commandos
- New Zombie : Grenadier
- The Commandos have been buffed, having an additional 100HP(50 hearts) and dealing a whopping 75 DMG(37.5 hearts) instead of 12 DMG(6 hearts), making most mobs nothing but a one-hit KO
- New Zombie : Elite!
- Zombie Warriors are now tougher, having 30HP
- Zombie Gladiators are now tougher, having 50HP
- Zombie Runners are now faster
- Download Behaviors .McPack
- Activate the pack for a world in-game