What could be better than ANTS? Just about anything I guess. BUT what about ants that are tameable, ridable, and adorable? Yes, different story now isn't it! Your wish (as long is it's a wish for tameable, ridable, and adorable ants) is our command.
These are the best things ever. Well, top 10 at least. Top 15...?
Soooo, what do you need to know about these cool critters....
- Find them mainly in deserts, but plains and savanna also hold hope.
- The smaller ants can't be tamed but can certainly kill you; the tiny ants are weaker but faster and their sting is nasty. Red and brown ants are neutral (if you're not a pillager!) unless you attack them first.
- The tameable ants are larger and have a green marking on their back
- You can ride the tameable ants! Sit on them until they love you and add a saddle. You can also add diamond horse armor (ants don't like the other ones).
- They can fit through a 1x1 gap. You should see these babies tackle jungles and dense forests.
- Heal them with sugar, apples, melons, glistening melons.
- All ants love to eat wasps
- All ants can sting
- Ants won't attack ants. Not even if you ask nicely.
- This list is getting big (this point is optional)
- They'll never be as fast as the fastest horses, or jump as high as the jumpiest (is that even a word?)
- Sit them by sneaking when you right-click on them / tap the 'sit' button.
Adding diamond armor to your nice little ant does these things:
- Makes them look super cool
- Removes all fall damage
- Removes most (all, maybe) melee damage (skeletons, withers, witches, blazes, etc are still a very real threat)
To the merry youtubers out there, if you do a review/showcase, thank you! Please link back to *this page* on mcpedl. Cheers!
Select version for changelog:
- Improved sit animation
- Added some colorful (rare) variants including one dyeable variant
- Confirmed working with 1.16