Fire rains from the sky as the world corrupts around you. This function pack/addon challenges you to survive in a world where it rains fire and as the world becomes more apocalyptic as you play. There is a lot of customisation in the settings – for example, you can make it only rain fire.
(Note: The custom shaders used in these images are not included in the pack download and are not made by me. You can find it on MCPEDL here: https://mcpedl.com/esbe-2g/)
This short showcase video sums up all the features of the pack. Recommend you give it a watch:
Here are some screenshots of what it looks like in-game after installing this addon. Take note of the fire particles from the sky and the changes to the environment:
Forests burn down: (Global warming ‘n that)
Deserts get turned to endstone:
Flame particle rain from the sky and when they land they place the fire and corrupt the surrounding hit area.:
Looks pretty in the sky!
Stone gets turned to cobblestone and mossy cobblestone.
Villages get destroyed very quickly and the grass becomes court dirt and path blocks.
To prevent lag in Jungles when the fire hits leaves it only remove the leaves. As jungles as so dense, it can cause lag quite quickly. Logs still burn.
This addon can be added to any world as world generation isn’t changed. All the changes happen as fire rains from the sky. The longer you are in one area the worse the apocalyptic terrain will get.
There are 2 downloadable packs: A Night Mode and the Default Pack
Night mode makes it so the world is always night. This adds a darker atmosphere and a bigger challenge to the game!
There is also the default pack which does not make it always night.
Both of these packs also have settings to determine how often fire falls and if the world should get “corrupted” when it lands. Click the gear icon on the behaviour pack.
The following options are given ranging from low (5 raindrops per second) to intense (20 raindrops per second). Intense with all changes is the default. Mobile devices may choose the lower options for the sake of performance.
I’d recommend a Medium mode as a good choice if you are unsure what your device can handle.
A note on credits/redistribution:
Please do not redistribute this addon without permission from me! Feel free to use all of my addons in whatever but do not claim them as your own and please give appropriate credit ideally linking to my YouTube or MCPDL profile. Thank you! (the number of sites which steal your creations is mental!)
Support me and stay updated by checking out my social media?
Feel free to join my Discord where you will be able to see the development process of my projects and have access to all download links directly to MediaFire:
- Updated the MCPDL thumbnail to say 1.16+ instead of 1.14+
- Ensured all is working in 1.16!
- Changed pack icon
- Changed MCPDL thumbnail
- Added description to behaviour packs in the game
- Fixed the mobile download not being available
- Moved video to the top as it best
- Fixed order of description on MCPDL page
- Fixed some grammatical typos
- Added showcase video to MCPDL page
- Fixed typo in description
- Updated downloads to fix an issue with one of the packs not working
- Rain falls closer to the ground to reduce the number of entities present in a world at one time
- Instead of rain happening for "every player" - which can cause a lot of entities in multiplayer - a random player is selected each time. This does mean if 2 people are on each will experience half as much TNT if they are in different areas - but it's an optimisation which is very worthwhile for performance
- Minor tweaks to make function files slightly more efficient
This version should run significantly better than the previous version.
- Updated downloads (no more Adfly) and moved to MediaFire
- Updated supported versions
- Updated documentation of MCPEDL page to explain downloading better as well as fixing minor grammatical errors
- Click on the link
- Import into Minecraft (there are many tutorials online, so have a google if unsure :D)
Alternatively, you can join my discord and you will have access to all the downloads for all my creations! Discord Link