Blood Magic PE introduces a new energy source to Minecraft Pocket Edition: blood. It includes features like the sacrificing of blood to power an altar to make magical materials, rituals, an advanced alchemy system and a lot more which we cover below.
General IDs & Crafting Recipes
- Altar (180) – 4 stones + 1 diamond + 1 furnace + 2 gold ingots
- Sacrifical Knife (455) – 1 iron ingot + 1 gold ingot + 5 glass
- Dagger of Sacrifice (456) – tap with an iron sword on a tier 2 altar with 3000 blood
- Blank Slate (449) – tap on an altar with stone to make
- Blood Rune (182) – 2 blank slates + 1 week blood orb + 6 stones
Begin by crafting an Altar and place it down on the ground. Then use a Sacrificial Knife on the altar to sacrifice your blood. Every time you use the knife you will lose one heart which will result in 200 blood added to the altar.
The altar’s capacity is based on how much blood is sacrificed to the altar. The blood which is sacrificed can be used to create new materials.
Life Points (LP) network is the main key to keep track of your blood fuel. The LP network is used to create armors, summoning creatures, alchemy and powering up sigils. To start fueling the LP network you will need to use a blood orb on yourself.
Creating A Blood Orb
We will begin by making the most basic one: the Week Blood Orb. To make it you first need to fill up an altar to the level of 2000 blood. It equals 10 uses on the Altar with a Sacrificial Knife on yourself.
Then tap on the altar with a diamond. The Week Blood Orb will drop on the ground next to the altar. Go and pick it up. Now you’ve got your first blood orb which in this case can contain a maximum of 5000 LP. Keep it in your inventory and continue on to the next step.
Creating A Divination Sigil
A Divination Sigil is an important item in this mod to keep track of your current LP and altars current LP.
Begin by making a Blank Slate by tapping on the altar with one stone. The altar must have at least 1000 blood. The Blank Slate will drop on the ground next to the altar. Go ahead and pick it up.
You should by now have a Week Blood Orb and a Blank Slate. Go get 7 blocks of glass. Now you will be able to craft a Divination Sigil.
By tapping on the ground with the Divination Sigil you will be able to see how much LP you currently have and if you tap with it on an altar you can see the altar’s current capacity and its tier (more about the different altar tiers further down).
Dagger of Sacrifice (456)
If you are tired of having to stab yourself everytime you want to sacrifice blood to your alter the Dagger of Sacrifice is there to help as with this dagger you can sacrifice animal blood.
Tap with an iron sword on a tier 2 altar with 3000 blood and you will get the dagger. The dagger can kill animals and add 250 blood to the altar.
The altar is split up in 5 different tiers. Lets have a look at the construction of each altar.
Tier 1 Altar
Includes just one altar block.
Tier 2 Altar
Nine Blood Runes underneath an altar block.
Tier 3 Altar
29 Blood Runes, one Altar, eight glass blocks (the glass blocks can be replaced by any other block you like), 4 glowstones.
Tier 4 Altar
61 Blood Runes, 24 glass blocks (the glass blocks can be replaced by any other block you like), 4 glow stones, 4 Week Blood Shards (read the ritual section to find more info on the Week Blood Shards).
Tier 5 Altar
121 Blood Runes, 24 glass blocks (the glass blocks can be replaced by any other block you like), 4 glow stones, 4 Week Blood Shards (read the ritual section to find more info on the Week Blood Shards), 4 diamond blocks.
The orbs are needed to store LP. Different orbs need different altar tiers based on the quality of the orb.
Tap on the ground while holding a blood orb to use it. When doing this you will lose one heart and have 200 LP added to your network.
How to get each orb?
Week Blood Orb (450): Requires a tier 1 altar with 2000 blood. Tap with a diamond on the altar. Its max LP capacity is set to 5000.
Apprentice Blood Orb (451): Requires a tier 2 altar with 5000 blood. Tap with an emerald on the altar. Its max LP capacity is set to 25000.
Magician’s Blood Orb (452): Requires a tier 3 altar with 25000 blood. Tap on the altar with a gold block. Its max LP capacity is set to 150000.
Master Blood Orb (453): Requires a tier 4 altar with 40000 blood and a Week Blood Shard (find more info about Week Blood Shard further down in the section about rituals). Its max LP capacity is set to 1000000.
Archmage’s Blood Orb (454): Requires a tier 5 altar with 150000 and a Demon Blood Shard (find more info about Diamond Blood Shard further down in the section about summoning). Its max LP capacity is set to 10000000.
There are five different sigils at the moment and each of them got their own unique power. With one you can check your current LP while with another you can generate lava wherever you use it. Lets have a look at every each of the sigils.
Divination Sigil (460)
If you read the Getting Started section you have already learned about this, but as it’s such a major part of the mod lets have another look at this specific sigil.
Once you’ve crafted (1 blank slate + 1 week blood orb + 7 glass) the Divination Sigil you can tap on the ground to use to display your current amount of LP. If you tap on an altar you can check that altar for the amount of LP and which tier it is.
Lava Sigil (462)
This sigil (1 blank slate + 1 week blood orb + 7 lava buckets) will generate a lava source block wherever it is used. Every time you use it you will lose 1000 LP.
Water Sigil (461)
The sigil (1 blank slate + 1 week blood orb + 7 water buckets) be used to generate a water source block wherever it’s used. Every time it is used you will lose 100 LP.
Void Sigil (463)
Use the sigil (1 reinforced slate + 1 apprentice blood orb + 6 buckets + 1 string) to to tap on any kind of liquid to make it disappear. Every time it is used you will lose 50 LP.
Sigil of the Green Grove (482)
This sigil (1 reinforced slate + 1 apprentice blood orb + 3 sugar canes + 4 saplings) got the same features as a bone meal, meaning you can force plants to grow faster. Every time used you will lose 150 LP.
At the moment there is just one ritual but in the future there will be more.
Ritual of Binding
The meaning of this ritual is to create the Bound Sword. When killing zombies with the sword they will drop a Week Blood Shard which are used in many of the crafting recipes introduced in the Blood Magic mod.
To make this ritual functional you will need to get 7 blocks and items:
- Ritual Block (190) – 4 obsidian + 4 reinforced slates + 1 apprentice blood orb
- Master Ritual Block (196) – 4 ritual blocks + 4 obsidians + 1 magician’s blood orb
- Air Tool (469) – tap with a nether quartz on a tier 3 altar with 1000 blood in it.
- Fire Tool (472) – tap with a lava bucket on a tier 3 altar with 1000 blood in it.
- Water Tool (471) – tap with a lapis block on a tier 3 altar with 1000 blood in it.
- Earth Tool (470) – tap with an obsidian block on a tier 3 altar with 1000 blood in it
- The Week Activation Crystal (465) – Tap with a flint & steel on a tier 3 altar with 10000 blood.
When you have got all those items go ahead and create the ritual.
Place down the Ritual Blocks as seen in the first image.
Then use the air, fire, water and earth tools to transform the Ritual Blocks so you get a structure looking as seen on the image below.
In total the ritual structure should include 1 master ritual stone, 8 blank ritual stones, 4 air rituals stones, 4 fire ritual stones, 4 water ritual stones and 4 earth ritual stones.
Now use a Week Activation Crystal to tap on the Master Ritual Stone in the center. If a message pops up saying the ritual was correct then tap on the Master Ritual Stone with a diamond sword and make sure to have at least 5000 LP in your network and as you do that the Bound Sword will be made.
And as mentioned before this sword can be used to kill zombies to get Week Blood Shards needed for many of the crafting recipes in the Blood Magic mod.
The Bound Armor is a magic armor when worn will cause you to avoid any damage to a cost of 300 LP every time you are receiving 20 damage.
To make the Bound Armor you will need to craft a couple of specific blocks:
- Empty Socket (201) – 4 Week Blood Shards + 1 diamond + 4 glass blocks
- Filled Socket (203) – tap on any type of tier altar that got at least 30000 blood in it to obtain
- Soul Armor Force (202) – 1 magician’s blood orb + 4 filled sockets + 4 stones
There are four different armors you can get: helmet, chestplate, leggings and boots. Create a structure similar to a crafting recipe in a workbench and then tap the Soul Armor Force block to have the armor drop on the ground at the structure.
The alchemy is a major part of the mod where you can create some very interesting potions to increase the power of your character in a number of different ways. Lets begin by having a look at the items and blocks you will be needing.
- Alchemical Chemistry Set (198) – 1 week blood orb + 2 obsidian blocks + 1 iron bar
- Potion Flask (475) – tap a glass bottle (crafted with 3 glass blocks) on an altar that has at least 2000 blood in it.
When you’ve got that then you can start mixing some really powerful potions. To use the set simply tap on the Alchemical Chemistry Set with the ingredients of the recipe you want to to mix. When done you need to use a blood orb and some of your LP to get the potion in one of your potion flasks you previously crafted.
Note: Once a ingredient is added it can’t be removed but it will be stored there until used.
To use a potion tap with it on the ground. Every potion you make can be used eight times before the potion flask will got empty. To fill it up again you can put a Week Filling Agent in the Alchemical Chemestry Set. This will give the potion 8 more uses.
Alchemy Cooking Recipes
- Potion Flask [regeneration] (479) – Potion Flask + Week Binding Agent + Apple
- Potion Flask [speed] (480) – Potion Flask + Week Binding Agent + Sugar
- Potion Flask [jump boost] (481) – Potion Flask + Week Binding Agent + Aether
- Simple Catalyst (473) – 2 redstone dusts + 1 gunpowder + 1 sugar + 1 glowstone. To get: use a week blood orb or better one + 200 LP.
- Week Binding Agent (477) – 2 simple catalysts + 1 clay. To get: use an apprentice blood orb or better one + 1000 LP.
- Week Filling Agent (478) – 1 simple catalyst + 1 redstone dust + 1 glowstone dust + 1 nether brick. To get: use a magician’s blood orb or better one + 500 LP
- Aether (474) – 1 simple catalyst + 2 feathers + 1 glowstone dust. To get: use an apprentice blood orb or better one + 500 LP.
If you are out to get the Archmage’s Blood Orb then summoning should be the next thing to be focusing on doing after you’ve got the Master Blood Orb.
You can summon elementals which are evil creatures which will want to deal you some damage if they get the chance to. They are kind of similar to bosses in that sense.
When you kill elementals they will drop Demon Blood Shards which are used to create the tier 5 altar which then is needed to make the Archmage’s Blood Orb.
Building the Summoning Structure
To build the structure you will be needing six Aethers, six Arcane Pedestals, 1 Arcane Plinth and one Master Blood Orb.
- Arcane Pedestal () – 6 obsidian blocks + 1 week blood shard
- Arcane Plinth – 1 arcane pedestal + 6 iron blocks
- Aether (474) – 1 simple catalyst + 2 feathers + 1 glowstone dust. To get: use an apprentice blood orb or better one + 500 LP. Look in the alchemy section further up if you want to learn how to make Aether.
When you have got your hands on all of those items and blocks then create the structure as you can see below with on Arcane Plinth in the center and six Arcane Pedestals surrounding it.
Tap with the Aethers on each of the six Arcane Pedestals and then tap with the Master Blood Orb on the Arcane Plinth and the elemental will spawn.
Kill the elemental to get the Demon Blood Shard.