Fend off the dangerous mobs of the night! Seek shelter that provides protection, and find resources as you replenish your hunger. Engage to the Java-exclusive yet Hardcore Mode– all in this add-on!
created by: r4isen1920
pack version: v4.1
Hard difficulty only
- More aggressive hostile mobs
- Ranged hostile mobs has higher accuracy
- Iron Golems deal massive damage to players
- You easily get hunger, more food is needed
- Hardcore mode is dependent to the world’s host; while connected players have their own independent life.
- You only have one life, and you’ll respawn only as a spectator.
- If you want to be able to fly in Spectator Mode, you can optionally enable Education Edition:
Enabling the Add-On
To enable and experience Hardcore mode, do the following steps:
- Download the Add-on from the link below
- Enable Education Edition (optional)
- Apply both Resource Pack & Behavior Pack in a new or existing world
- Open or Create the world. It should automatically be active.
Realms Compatibility Information
The following are my requirements for this add-on to work on Realms:
- Version Required: 1.16 atleast. This version also fixes the bugs regarding running commands using animation controllers on Realms.
- Experimental Gameplay: Not needed. So it works on Realms.
- Education Edition: You may not be able to enable this feature. Features such as being able to fly in Spectator Mode will not be possible on Realms.
- Updated download links. (A A A A A A A A)
- Updated download links.
(As usual, please hide this from homepage. Thank you!)
- Updated download links.
(Note: Don't notify this update to everyone)
- Resource pack should now use new horse textures.
- Tweaks for in-game texts.
- Updated death screen.
- Removed ghost player.
- Updated download link.
- New: a pale, floating head and a cape will now show instead of an invisible body.
- You can no longer interact on other mobs in Spectator Mode; this includes riding Horse or Minecarts, or even shearing Sheep.
- Mobs should no longer look nor attack you in Spectator Mode.
- Removed mode changing. See description above for detailed information.
- Fixed a bug where on certain cases you will change into Spectator Mode when received a certain damage.
- Rewritten behavior code. For a much stable experience, I have rewritten the behavior code so that you should experience less lag and further improve the add-on's stabilization in-game.
- Added custom UI title. See the pause screen/menu!
- Implemented forced gamerules.
- Inventory management improved. You should no longer obtain unwanted items even by using /give command on certain items!
- Tweaked the usage of mob potions to improve the game's FPS somehow.
- You should no longer take damage even when you are in Spectator mode, when near a melee hostile mob.
- Moved the two options by using a function command instead.
- Used the player's behavior instead of relying too much on commands.
- Revoked the needs of Experimental Gameplay just to run the add-on.
- Enhanced Flying. You can now optionally fly like the same as if you're in the Creative mode! Requires Education Edition to be enabled in your World Settings.
- Optimized texts. Removed the 'actionbar' text, added different languages for the term "Spectate World" via the infamous Google Translate. Translations are not 100% accurate. You can contribute and help for this simple translation by contacting me on Twitter.
- Performance Optimizations. Frame rate drop is now reduced when the whole function is triggered.
- Enhanced Spectator. To fly, just jump, then you'll glide slowly back to the ground! This is the only option for now, but I will update it as much as possible! Also, you can no longer hurt mobs or players once you die.
- Added 'Options'. See description for more info.
- Others. Tweaked some texts to make it noticeable.
- Make sure to delete the old version first, before installing or importing the pack!
Recommended 1+ GB of free memory (RAM).