Turn your farmland into a dense field of growing ores. With the Growable Ores Mod you no longer have to dig deep tunnels underground to search for the precious metals. Everything can be done above ground just as if you were to grow carrots or potatoes. It’s an incredibly easy mod to use and recommended for anyone who want to find ores based on their own demand.
How does it work?
To setup a farm for ores you will first need to get some ore seeds. There are two different types of seeds: normal and full. A normal seed will just grow to become crops which you can harvest to get ore seeds and e.g. coal. Full seeds grow to full blocks, such as diamond ores.
Make sure that the farm which you create is close to a water source. Use a hoe to prepare the ground for sowing and then place the seeds down.
- Coal Ore Seeds (467) – 8 seeds + 1 coal
- Iron Ore Seeds (468) – 8 seeds + 1 iron ingot
- Gold Ore Seeds (469) – 8 seeds + 1 gold ingot
- Redstone Ore Seeds (470) – 8 seeds + 1 redstone
- Lapis Ore Seeds (471) – 8 seeds + 1 lapis lazuli
- Diamond Ore Seeds (472) – 8 seeds + 1 diamond
- Emerald Ore Seeds (473) – 8 seeds + 1 emerald
When they have grown to full sized crops they are ready to be harvested.
- Full Coal Ore Seeds (474) – 8 coal ores + 1 coal ore seeds
- Full Iron Ore Seeds (475) – 8 iron ores + 1 iron ore seeds
- Full Gold Ore Seeds (476) – 8 gold ores + 1 gold ore seeds
- Full Redstone Ore Seeds (477) – 8 redstone ores + 1 redstone ore seeds
- Full Lapis Ore Seeds (478) – 8 lapis lazuli ores + 1 lapis ore seeds
- Full Diamond Ore Seeds (479) – 8 diamond ores + 1 diamond ore seeds
- Full Emerald Ore Seeds (480) – 8 emerald ores + 1 emerald ore seeds
Make sure to mine the coal ore blocks as soon as they pop up from the ground because otherwise they will become overripe and turn into normal ore seeds to harvest instead.