MCBE Studio is an addon for Minecraft Bedrock 1.12 that make timelapses possible on the bedrock edition of the game. As the scripting API is still quite simple, this addon couldn’t be compared with what replaymod can do on java, but this addon make possible to place keyframes in the world that are interpolated to generate a sequence.
How to use?
On the GUI, there is a button called “Open MCBE Studio”. Due to the lack of event handler in the API for now, the only way on windows 10 to open the main interface is to open any game interface (pause, inventory, chat…), put the mouse cursor where the button is, and exit the interface with keyboard.
On android phone, just tap the button to open the interface.
The main interface contains several buttons :
- “Generate sequence” make the sequence playable when all keyframes are placed. Edition is not allowed when the sequence is generated.
- “Place Keyframe” is a button to enter in keyframe placement mode
- “Delete sequence” remove the generated sequence and allow again to edit the timeline.
Below the timeline, there are some buttons to go to the previous and the next frame, to the first and the last one, a play/pause button, and a button to play the sequence without any GUI. Just left clic or hit your screen on your android phone to go back to the GUI.
Above the timeline, there are some controls to edit keyframes before sequence generation. For the moment, only keyframe deletion is working, with a button for the current keyframe and for all the keyframes, but options to move a keyframe or insert a cut into the sequence are coming in a future update.
On keyframe mode, punch the marker in front of you to place a keyframe, and to exit keyframe mode, stop moving, and turn to punch the other one.
A number is written on top of place keyframe marker, it indicate the ratio between the distance between the last marker placed and the current marker, and the distance between the last and the one before. If the number is 1 on all keyframes, the sequence speed will be the same. A number of 0.5 will slow the sequence 2 times for example.
Video Showcase (old version)
About addon updates :
Update versions will be labeled using X.Y.Z format. X.Y is the current targeted Minecraft version, and Z is the incremental version number for the addon for this game version.
Except for 1.12, the target minecraft version will alway be the current game release. Support will be provided for the beta only if it’s possible to support both with the same code.
Please leave feedbacks and consult changelogs on github (link below)
- Discord server (updates changelog, feedback, bugs…)
- Donate (paypal)
- Donate (patreon)
About android support
This addon is now compatible with android using blocklauncher. As this application is not an official solution to run the scripting API on android, some android-specific issues may occur and I’m not sure I will be able to fix all of them.
To use this addon on android, just launch the .mcaddon on your phone with regular Minecraft, then run block launcher and enable scripts, then restart block launcher.
A custom UI for the main screen is provided in the android package, that fit the existing touch UI. Other screens will be updated in the next update, depending of your feedbacks.
New in this update :
- Large update of all the UI so that the addon works with each screen resolution from 800*600 to 1080p and above.
- Markers now have quite no hitbox, in order to let to quit keyframe move without breaking the last keyframe or having to move before.
- Added a button to delete all the keyframes, with confirm messages.
- Removed debug screen when using beta version of the game.
Update 1.12.3 :
- The timeline is now fully managed server-side, that will fix a lot of desynchronisation when pausing, go back and forward and resume
- Added a screen to thanks each youtubers and donators, labeled with the star
- The progress bar when generating sequence is now more usefull
- Added the current version on the Bottom of the main screen
- Added the ability to exit fullscreen mode. Just left clic to show the UI again.
Now available for all windows 10 users!
- Custom entities now used in keyframe mode :
- Bigger hitbox, useful when flying
- Armorstands have gravity again
- Markers are easier to see
- Fixed some issues with the timeline
- Added some controls on top of the timeline, only keyframe deletion is working
- Pack description now include the current version of the pack, useful to alway have the latest version installed
- Now compatible with android with blocklauncher. Need feedbacks about possible bugs and about the interface provided in the android package.
- Sequence deletion and deletion of all keyframes have been split in 2 different buttons.
- Sequence deletion no longer ask to confirm
- All keyframe deletion button now ask to confirm in a better way
- Buttons not intended to be used in some cases are now gray out.
- Fixed some issues
- Updates credits. (thanks to DJTM for donation)
Only works on 1.12 windows 10 and android with last version of blocklauncher.
Not working with 1.13 betas for the moment.