The Mine-Cars Add-on replaces five mobs in-game with five brand new cars. The vehicles are quite fast and offer a great opportunity to more easily move around in Minecraft. The vehicles are very good as they require no fuel. In that sense, it’s a car of the future.
How to drive a car?
First off you need to find a car. The easiest way is probably to spawn one in creative mode. There are five different cars and each of them replaces a mob in-game:
- Red Car = Stray
- Blue Car = Wither Skeleton
- Green Car = Skeleton
- Orange Car = Zombie Pigman
- Yellow Car = Husk
There is no difference in terms of speed between the different cars.
- iOS / Android: Long press on the car and press Drive to enter the vehicle
- Windows 10: Right-click it to enter the car
To drive the vehicle you will need a key (carrot on a stick). Hold the key to drive the car. To stop the car simply unequip the key.
It’s a great way to get around in Minecraft and it’s like a modern alternative to riding horses.
And since it’s a cabriolet (open roof) you probably want to put on a helmet (chain helmet) to keep yourself safe from injuries.
- Cars break down in water
- Fishing rod = key (turned off), doesn’t do anything, just a texture change
- New design
- Increased speed
- Heal cars using golden carrots (fuel)
- Download Normal Test Map (.McWorld) (Optional)
- Download Halloween Test Map (.McWorld) (Optional)
- Lost Wood Test Map (.McWorld) (Optional)