Be the speedrunner that tries and defeats the game, or the hunter that prevents that from happening! Play with your friends, that supports multiple hunters. Will you be up for the challenge as the speedrunner?
The original idea is created by Dream, you will learn more about it as you watch his video:
There are two roles in this game:
- Speedrunner: tries to beat the game by defeating the Ender Dragon without dying once by any means; and
- Hunter: tries to stop the speedrunner from completing the game!
Starting the Game
You can use the items in your hotbar to navigate on available options. Once you have selected the speedrunner and there’s enough players, you can start the game by punching while holding the green item as shown above.
Picking The Speedrunner
Use the yellow items on the hotbar to select the speedrunner. Only one speedrunner can be chosen. You can select the speedrunner in three different ways:
- Select Self: select yourself as the speedrunner;
- Random Player: select a random player for you; and
- Punch to Select: select the player you punch.
Settings / Options
Select an item then punch to change its settings. You can also go back to the main menu, or reset the settings back to default. The following options are available:
- Change game difficulty: setting it to ‘peaceful’ may affect collection of Blaze powders as Blaze’s only spawn at ‘easy’ difficulty or higher;
- Toggle timer: enable and set the timer to one hour or disable it. One hour is only the option for now.
- Keep inventory: toggle ‘keepInventory’ gamerule. When enabled, hunters will not lose their items when they respawn.
- Grace period: grants the speedrunner from any harm against hunters for 2 minutes upon the timer starts.
- Headstart: toggles whether to give additional time for speedrunners before the hunters are released, or not.
Juggernaut mode is another fun mode to play with. Hunters are given full diamond gear (armor with a diamond sword), but has a longer (40-second) headstart given for speedrunners.
To play this mode, sneak while holding the start item, and it will reveal the ominous red-looking item for you to use.
Juggernaut Mode Mechanics
Here’s Dream trying to complete the game, while being chased by his friend Sapnap.
Here’s an in-game demo of the add-on itself:
- Updated download links.
(Note: Don't notify this update to everyone)
- Added Juggernaut mode!
- Fixed an issue with setting in-game spawnpoint with beds.
- Hunters should now teleport in the world spawn, or in a bed if they have, instead of near the Speedrunner.
- Recommended 1+ GB of free memory (RAM).
- Not tested if it works on beta.