The More Pistons Mod adds 9 new pistons to the game. The difference from the ordinary piston is that these have longer piston arms. They are really useful as they provide a better range for pushing and pulling blocks. For example, one of the pistons is able to push blocks as far as five blocks forward.
How does it work?
Let's have a look at the differences of each block. To do this we've placed down all of the different pistons next to each other.
Some of the pistons are sticky and some of them are not. To demonstrate this we placed down an iron block in front of each piston.
To activate a piston we need to send a redstone signal. This we did by using the levers which are placed behind the pistons. And as you can see, all of the iron blocks were pushed forward. The length of the piston arm is different for each type of piston.
Once we send another redstone signal the piston arm is pulled back. It's only the sticky pistons which will pull back the iron block.
Important note: The Double Super Sticky Piston can pull back two blocks.
Piston IDs & Recipes
- Double Piston (205) - 2 pistons + 1 iron ingot
- Double Sticky Piston (206) - 1 slimeball + 1 double piston
- Triple Piston (212) - 3 pistons + 1 iron ingot
- Triple Sticky Piston (216) - 1 slimeball + 1 triple piston
- Quadruple Piston (217) - 4 pistons + 1 iron ingot
- Quadruple Sticky Piston (218) - 1 slimeball + 1 quadruple piston
- Quintuple Piston (221) - 5 pistons + 4 iron ingots
- Quintuple Sticky Piston (222) - 1 slimeball + 1 quintuple piston
- Double Super Sticky Piston (226) - 3 iron ingots + 4 cobblestones + 2 pistons