This pack makes some changes to how the in-game music plays. People who enjoy listening to Minecraft’s music will find this pack improves the way Minecraft music works! It’s perfect for anyone who want a more pleasurable experience while playing the game.
The following features are global, meaning they affect all pack options unless stated otherwise.
- Music plays constantly with no silent periods
- All songs play at 0.5 volume
- Shuniji, Dragon Fish, and Axolotl from Java Edition have been added
- All unused songs from the official soundtrack have been added
- Festive versions of Ballad of the Cats, Warmth, and The End have been added
- Creative, Survival, Menu, and Water music plays interchangeably
- End and Boss play interchangeably
- Dog plays after the Cat music disc (Easter egg from Console Edition)
- The “11” music disc has been replaced with Minecraft Volume Alpha’s “Eleven”, an actual song.
- The “ward” music disc has been replaced with Minecraft Volume Beta’s “Ward”, a remixed version of the original disc
- Any individual song can be played with the command “/playsound song.[song_name] @s”
- Music disc music will still exclusively play from the jukebox regardless of setting chosen below
There are multiple different pack options. Each one includes different features and music tracks.
- Default – This is the normal setting for the pack with all the features listed above.
- Native Music – This limits the music to songs that are in some version of the game.
- Festive Music – This limits the music to festive songs.
- No Water Music – This is the exact same as Native Music, but without Shuniji, Dragon Fish, or Axolotl.
- Old Music – This uses the music from before the 2013 Music Update. It doesn’t use Creative, Water, Nether, End, Credits, or Menu music.
- Old Music+ – This is almost the same as Old Music, the difference being that it still uses Nether, End, and Credits music.
- Total Mix – This lets any music, including Credits, End, Boss, Nether, Water, Menu, Survival, and Creative play at any time.
- No Automatic Music – This stops music from playing automatically. It’s meant for players who want to manually play songs with commands.
You can switch the pack mode by going to Global Resources in Settings and selecting the gear.
The Festive Update (1.2.0)
- Added "xmasn1", "xmasn2", and "xmas_the_end" songs from Console Edition
- These songs will never play automatically and require commands unless the Festive Music or Total Mix options are selected
- These songs can be play with commands using "/playsound song.[xmasn1/xmasn2/xmas_the_end/carol_of_the_cats/chill/years_end] @s"
- Added a new album for commands that has the festive songs
- This album can be played with "/playsound album.festive @s"
- Added a festive music option that limits the music to the festive songs
- All the new festive songs can play in addition to the others
- Songs are no longer always loaded on low memory
- The song Thirteen is now playable from the playsound command using either "song.13" or "song.thirteen" to match Eleven
- The custom settings tab will no longer display the incorrect pack icon
- Updated the minimum game version required to use the pack to 1.13.0, which means this pack is no longer compatible with earlier versions
- Added a Command List text document in the resource pack folder that lists every extra sound that can be played with commands while Music+ is enabled (read it here)
The Lost Music Update (1.1.0)
- Replaced the ward music disc with the slightly different Ward from Minecraft Volume Beta
- Replaced the 11 music disc with the song Eleven from Minecraft Volume Alpha
- The 11 music disc is no longer shattered
- Added all unused songs from the official soundtrack
- There is now a ½ second between songs to avoid any strange transitions
- Any individual song can be played with commands using "/playsound song.[song title] @s"
- You can also play a random song from any of the Minecraft albums using "/playsound album.[alpha/beta/aquatic] @s"
- Added a tab in settings that includes the most recent Changelog, the pack credits, and detailed command help
Native Music Only:
- Added a Native Music Only mode which disables songs that were never featured in any version of Minecraft
- This makes the pack work as it did before the 1.1.0 update
- All the new songs from Minecraft soundtracks can play in addition to the others
- Music Disc songs can no longer play as ambient music (Dog is not included here as it's not originally from a music disc)
No Automatic Music:
- Added a manual mode which stops all automatic music from playing
- This mode is intended for players who wish to play certain songs with commands