Ever wished you could grow diamonds and gold in your backyard? That’s a lot to wish for but today it’s possible by using the Ore Crops Mod in Minecraft. Basically four new seeds have been added to the game (diamond, coal, iron and gold) which grow much similar to wheat or vegetables like potatoes and carrots except that these seeds can be used for growing much more valuable items.
To grow some ore crops you will need some ore seeds. The ore seeds can be crafted with some wheat seeds, ingots, diamonds or coal.
- Diamond Seeds (486) – 8 wheat seeds + 1 diamond
- Coal Seeds (487) – 8 wheat seeds + 1 coal
- Iron Seeds (488) – 8 wheat seeds + 1 iron ingot
- Gold Seeds (489) – 8 wheat seeds + 1 gold ingot
Next you will need to build some farmland where the crops can grow. Make sure each plant have access to some water.
Harvest them as soon as they have grown to their full height. Collect the essences and seeds.
- Diamond Essence (490) – harvest diamond crops
- Coal Essence (491) – harvest coal crops
- Iron Essence (492) – harvest iron crops
- Gold Essence (493) – harvest gold crops
Use a crafting table to craft the ores.
- Diamonds (x3) (264) – 8 Diamond Essence
- Coal (x16) (263) – 8 Coal Essence
- Iron Ore (x8) (265) – 8 Iron Essence
- Gold Ore (x5) (266) – 8 Gold Essence