PocketPower is the most powerful and advanced Redstone mod so far created for Minecraft Pocket Edition. The development has been going on for a long time and is now supporting both Android and iOS. But what is Redstone? Redstone can transmit power which can be used to create a various amount of mechanical structures and automatic mechanisms.
Here’s a few examples how redstone can be used.
Drop items on pressure plates to activate them.
The pressure plates can also be activated by standing on them.
There are of course many other using areas.
- Textures and Redstone functionalities just the same as on PC
- Items available in the creative inventory
- Cross-platform compatibility (iOS & Android)
Available Redstone Block/Item IDs
- Redstone Wire (use Redstone dusts to place this)
- Lever (ID: 69) – 1 Stick + 1 Cobblestone
- Wooden Pressure Plate (ID: 72) – 2 Wooden Planks
- Stone Pressure Plate (ID: 70) – 2 Stones
- Weighted Pressure Plate (light) (ID: 147) – 2 Gold Ingots
- Weighted Pressure Plate (heavy) (ID: 148) – 2 Iron Ingots
- Wooden Button (ID: 143) – 1 Wooden Plank
- Stone Button (ID: 77) – 1 Stone
- Redstone Repeater (ID: 356) – 2 Redstone Torches + 1 Redstone + 3 Stones
- Redstone Torch (ID: 76) – 1 Stick + 1 Redstone
- Redstone Lamp (ID: 124)
- Piston (ID: 33) – 3 Wooden Planks + 4 Cobblestone + 1 Iron Ingot + 1 Redstone
- Sticky Piston (ID: 29) – 1 Slimeball + 1 Piston
- Powered Rail (ID: 28) – 6 Gold Ingots + 1 Stick + 1 Redstone
- Redstone Block (ID: 152) – 9 Redstones
How to get the items?
Upon creating a new world in Minecraft PE select creative mode and your inventory will include the new items.
Redstone Powered Structures
Here are a couple of basic structures which you can build with the use of the Redstone mechanisms introduced in this mod. Redstone torches generate the power which is transmitted by the Redstone dust which then is used to produce mechanic mechanisms such as forcing a piston to perform an action.
This structure is known as a TNT cannon as it can fire TNT blocks. Just press the button and the blocks will be ignited.
Install Guide for Android
- Click the download link.
- Find the downloaded file using a file manager app such as ASTRO File Manager.
- Tap on the .apk file to install it as a BlockLauncher addon.
- You are done!
Install Guide for iOS
To use PocketPower (repo: cydia.myrepospace.com/byteandahalf) on iOS devices you must have a jailbroken device which will also give you access to the Cydia app that you need.
- Click here to read how to jailbreak your device and install the Cydia app.
- Click here to learn how to install the PocketPower using the Cydia app (repo: cydia.myrepospace.com/byteandahalf).
PocketPower iOS works only in creative mode for now. In the future survival will also be supported.
Download for Android Minecraft PE v0.12
Download for iOS: Add cydia.myrepospace.com/byteandahalf on the Cydia repo (requires jailbreak!)
(Download for Minecraft PE v0.11 – Android only)
(Download for Minecraft PE v0.10 – Android only)