The Angler from Terraria is now in bedrock! Experience custom fishing for quest fish, custom trading, wooden crates and new fish tools with this add-on!
This is the updated version of the old Angler NPC I posted a long time ago. Now working on 1.16!
To avoid any problems, always turn on experimental gameplay.
The Angler is an NPC from Terraria. He is a fisherman that will trade you all sorts of loot (including wooden crates) for quest fish. He is also a neutral utility mob that will attack any monster, but will attack you if you hit him first. You can find him spawning on beaches, or much like his original counterpart, floating on water.
Custom fishing has been added, where new Terraria quest fish have a slightly higher chance of being caught instead of regular fish. Simply use your rod and wait for a bite! Rates are different depending on the fish’s rarity, with the new golden trout being the rarest one.
The new golden trout is the rarest fish of all. Trading this to the Angler will always get you a full stack of diamonds, so don’t give up!
Crates act similarly to lucky blocks, you get random loot when destroying them. This version works for the 1.16 update as they are now entities instead of blocks. Simply put a crate down and punch it, and you will get your loot. You can trade with the Angler to get them, or you can fish them up.
The Angler has his own custom trading box, where he will trade you various items for quest fish. You can also buy fishing rods from him for 3 emeralds.
In order to unlock all trades, keep trading as this will level him up, you also get exp from this. This will also heal him for a bit. After trading, wait a few seconds and he will start healing and restock his trades immediately.
Below is a list of all trades:
1. 3 emeralds -> Fishing Rod
2. Bonefish -> Cake
3. Bunnyfish -> Compass
4. Bloody Man o’ War -> Crate
5. Eater of Plankton -> Anvil
6. Cap’n Tunabeard -> Trident
7. Amanitia Fungifin -> Dried Kelp Block
8. Ichorfish -> Nautilus Shell
9. Slimefish -> Slimeball
10. Wyverntail -> Melon Seeds
11. Pengfish -> Redstone Dust
12. Dynamite Fish -> TNT
13. Jewelfish -> Diamond
14. Bumblebee Tuna -> Clock
15. Angelfish -> Ancient Debris
16. Catfish -> Saddle
17. Batfish -> Diamond Pickaxe
18. Fishotron -> Glowstone
19. Fishron -> Sea Lantern
20. Mutant Flinxfin -> Ender Pearls
21. Infected Scabbardfish -> Crate
22. Spiderfish -> Clay
23. Cursedfish -> Turtle Shell
24. Cloudfish -> Diamond Horse Armor
25. Pixiefish -> Name Tag
26. Hungerfish -> Heart of the Sea
27. Fallen Starfish -> Enchanting Table
28. Dirtfish -> Totem of Undying
29. Mudfish -> Bottle o’ Enchanting
30. The Fish of Cthulhu -> Crate
31. Harpyfish -> Pufferfish
32. Mirage Fish -> Dragon’s Breath
33. Tropical Barracuda -> Crate
34. Derpfish -> Elytra
35. Zombie Fish -> Enchanted Golden Apple
36. Unicorn Fish -> Glistering Melon
37. Tundra Trout -> Golden Carrot
38. Golden Trout -> 64 Diamonds
UPDATES AND NEW ITEMS:
3 fish tools have been added in this update: the swordfish, sawtooth shark, and rockfish. These fish tools can only be obtained by fishing.
The swordfish works like other swords with no other effects. It has the same strength as a diamond sword but never breaks.
The rockfish is a strong weapon that is stronger than any other melee weapon, dealing 11 damage. However it gives you Slowness II for a few seconds while you’re holding it.
The sawtooth shark is a tool that works like a chainsaw, like its original counterpart. Holding it gives you Haste that lets you cut through wood very quickly, the effect lasts for a few seconds. To trigger the effect again, just re-equip the item or drink milk first, then equip the item again.
1. The Angler is a strong mob that will attack monsters, but will attack you if you hit it first.
2. Sadly the golden fishing rod isn’t here, and no the Angler will not drop his own. Attacking him is a bad idea.
3. Crates are custom entities, not blocks. This is why they work for the 1.16 update.
4. The fish tool effects last for a few seconds. Re-equip the tools, or drink milk first then equip them again if you want to use the effects again.
5. EXPERIMENTAL GAMEPLAY
To avoid bugs, turn on experimental gameplay.
1. Click the link. Be sure to read and follow ALL instructions below so you don't mess up!
2. Complete the captcha.
3. You want to scroll down until you see the mediafire logo, along with the buttons "Direct Access with Premium" and "Free Access" right below. Click the FREE ACCESS button.
4. Click the "Discover interesting articles" button.
5. YOU DO NOT NEED TO READ AN ARTICLE, just click the X at the top right.
6. It will make you wait for a few seconds, once done click the X again.
7. The "Continue" button below should be active, click that and it should bring you to mediafire.
8. After downloading the file, just tap it and Minecraft should open and automatically install both packs.
9. If that doesn't work, you can rename all .mcaddon files to .zip files then manually put the packs in the right folders (resource to resource_packs, behavior to behavior_packs).
And you're done! I've only tested this on Android, but you can try on other devices. Otherwise, visit my FB page for feedback and suggestions. I am much more active on the FB page, so message me there. Click on my profile to find my page.
You can use this add-on the way you want, even use some data as reference, just be sure to credit me.