The Dungeon Tower is by far one of the best arena maps I’ve ever come across for Minecraft Pocket Edition. It contains six beautifully designed levels (especially so if you’ve got the optional texture pack applied) and the redstone mechanisms seem to work flawlessly. It’s a perfect map for anyone who enjoy monster battles or just want to improve their fighting skills. Also, it can be played by up to three players!
As soon as you’ve entered the map and read all of the rules it’s time to pick a class. Each class is different from the other so think carefully before picking one to make sure it suits your preferred fighting style.
- Archer: High damage, long range, low armor
- Blade Master: High damage, medium armor
- Paladin: High armor, high knockback, low damage
Next, go to the shop to see all the different things you can buy. Before being able to buy any of these items you will need to slay some monsters. The loot from monsters is used as the currency for the shop.
Before entering the arena make sure to create a checkpoint either by sleeping or by using the /spawnpoint text command.
Each level has five monsters waves. To start one press the button on the emerald block. Then press it again after you’ve completed one wave to start the next one.
Look at the redstone lamps on the wall to keep track of how many waves you’ve completed.
You have to complete six different floor battles before finally reaching the top of the tower where a boss is waiting for you.
Don’t forget to visit the shop to upgrade your gear and weapons!
- 1 – 3 players
- Play on easy, medium or hard (not peaceful!)
- Lagging? Turn off fancy graphics, set render distance to minimum
- Don’t steal items from item frames in the shop
iOS / Android / Windows 10 / Other:
- Download Map .McWorld (required)
- Download John Smith Legacy Texture Pack .McPack (credits) (optional) and then apply the pack in-game