Taking inspiration from Optifine’s random alternate mob textures, this resource pack brings aprox. 800 variations per mob, for over 45 mobs in the game! This is done using a combination of alternate textures, entity tinting, and model scaling to make mobs with even the same texture look slightly unique. This pack will continue to be updated with more mobs and textures as long as people show interest in it!
To reduce the amount of times the mcpedl team needs to review the changes, this mcpedl page will only be updated for major updates. For more minor updates, news, feature voting, and feedback, check out our discord: https://discord.gg/UbjD9ny
Current Features (as of V2.0):
For 54 of the original mobs ,each mob has:
- New texture variants (see feature table for numbers)
- Approx. 40 different subtle tint variations
- Approx. 5 different height variations
- Baby-specific variants for some mobs
A full gallery of the available variants will be coming to the discord soon – but until then, you’ll have to go out and look for all the variants yourself!
By clicking on the pack’s gear icon in the pack selection page, you can select the kinds of texture variants that are active in the pack!
If you would like to learn more about how to customize the pack with your own textures, visit the community discord!
Trailers and Images:
Slime variants by NikoAlb and TaxingHawk:
Creeper variants by Stick Boy:
Old V1.0 trailer:
Why a Resource Pack?
Unlike addons that use a behaviour pack, resource packs can be applied in the global resources settings and then used everywhere – server, realms, and survival worlds without disabling achievements. Just set and forget!
The only downside to this is that the mobs will randomise their texture each time they are rendered – but this could be fixed using an optional behaviour pack (if enough people want it).
Thanks to everyone who has submitted suggestions and textures in the discord! Here are the members who have had their textures included in the pack (as of V2.0):
- Stick Boy
- win epic fin
A full list of each member’s textures can be found in the credits file!
Licence and Sharing:
If you would like to share any part of this pack, you must:
- Include a link to my github page to disclose the original source – giving credit is the least you can do.
- Include the original licence file from this pack with any files that you use/share
- Include a file that:
- Lists the files/code snippets used from this pack
- Lists any changes made to those files/code snippets
- States that the included licence applies to the listed files
- Added support for 44 more mobs
- Added over 400 texture variants in total
- Added size variants
- Changed baby variants to be "more vanilla"
- Added the first "named variants" to test the feature
After clicking the download link, scroll down and open the "assets" menu to find the .mcpack file
This pack should work on ALL versions of bedrock (mobile, win10, and console) as long as you have a file explorer.
Open the .mcpack file with your preferred file explorer to install it onto Minecraft.
If your file browser does not let you open the file using Minecraft, rename the file extension to .zip and extract the contents into your resource packs folder.