The World Edit Tools Mod adds a wand to the game which can be used to more effeciently edit the world in-game. Blocks can be selected and cloned, expanded and deleted. It's incredibly simple to use but offers a very advanced way for builders to improve their building efficiency.
- /worldedit help - list of all commands
- /set <blockID> - sets selected blocks to a new specified block ID
- /expand <amount> <north/south/east/west (optional parameter, default: north)> - expands selected blocks in the specified amount
- /stack <amount> <north/south/east/west (optional parameter, default: north)> - clones selected blocks in the specified amount
- /undo - deletes the latest world edit
- /redo - redoes the latest world edit which was earlier deleted
In this example we'll show you have to build a tunnel using the wand which is one of the World Edit Tools.
Begin by building a two dimensional structure as seen in the image below.
Next we will have to be able to select the bottom-left and top-right corners of the structure and as our structure is curved in the top we'll need to place two temporary dirt blocks just so we can select the top-right corner later on.
Use the wand to select the bottom-left corner of the structure. In this case it's a cobblestone block (marked red).
And then use the wand to select the top-right corner of the structure. In this case a dirt block (marked green).
Now you can remove the dirt block as it was only there temporary so we could select the top-right corner of the structure.
Then type /stack 19 east (or /stack <how many copies> <north/east/south/west/>). Use the default compass item to figure out in which direction you need to stack them.
To figure out how to use the World Edit Tools Mod for more useful building practices, check out the video below.