Mojang recently released a new skin pack for MINECON 2016 which includes four awesome capes. All users of Minecraft Pocket Edition (on all platforms) have until the 3rd October to obtain this skin pack for free.
If you want to be able to use your own custom skin with a cape you can’t really do that any other way than to download and use this texture pack. Make sure to read through the tutorial down below as you’ll have to do some customizations yourself!
Creator: Bomb_, Twitter Account
How does it work?
1. To obtain the MINECON 2016 skin pack for free you have until the 3rd October, so hurry up! Open Minecraft Pocket Edition and go to the store to go through with the purchase (which is 100% for free). You can now access the new capes by changing your skin.
If you don’t want to be using the Alex or Steve skins (you know, those default ones) to wear a cape then you will have to use this texture pack. Make sure to read through this tutorial to learn how to install your custom skin with a cape.
2. Install the downloaded texture pack. Here are some install guides you can use for that.
3. You will need some type of file manager in order to replace one of the included files in the texture pack. Here are some which I recommend:
- Android: ES File Explorer
- Windows 10: 7-Zip
- iOS: iExplorer (I have personally never used iExplorer as I am an Android user but I have heard it’s good)
4. Find your custom skin png file. If you don’t have a custom skin yet then go ahead and download one from here: http://mcpedl.com/skins/
5. Use the file manager (ES File Explorer, 7-Zip or iExplorer) to locate the steve.png file: /games/com.mojang/resource_packs/Custom Skin for Capes/images/mob/
6. Replace steve.png with your custom skin. For example, you can remove the steve.png file, add your custom skin here and then rename it to steve.png.
7. Open Minecraft Pocket Edition and press the hanger button under your player character to select a new skin.
8. To really make sure it works open a world! And as you can see, I’m using my MINECON 2016 cape with a custom skin!