The idea of ExtendedCraft 3 is to add new machines to Minecraft PE to industrialize and automate your worlds for more fun and increased efficiency. The current version is a beta which means only a couple of fully functioning features have been released and there might bugs you will come across.
The current most major feature is the quarry system which can be used to automatically extract valuable ores from the ground. It combines a beautiful graphical user interface with an easy to setup quarry structure.
Building a Quarry
To build a quarry you will need the following blocks (no recipes yet, use Too Many Items to get the blocks and items):
- Quarry (ID: 192) – 3 iron ingots + 1 Machine Block (advanced) + 1 iron pickaxe + 1 iron axe + 1 diamond shovel
- Chest (ID: 54) – 8 wooden planks
- Solar Panel (ID: 193) – 1 Solar Cell + 1 Machine Block (advanced)
- Copper Wire (ID: 2001) – 6 Plastic Sheets + 3 Copper Ingots
- Solar Cell (ID: 2105) – 3 iron ingots + 3 glass blocks + 3 lapis lazuli
- Machine Block (advanced) (ID: 2113) – 8 iron ingots + 1 Electrical Box (advanced)
- Electrical Box (advanced) (ID: 2112) – 1 Transistor + 1 Battery + 1 Solenoid + 2 Lapis Lazuli + Electrical Circuit (advanced) + 1 Capacitor + 1 Heat Sink
- Transistor (ID: 2107) – 1 iron ingot + 1 Plastic Sheet + 1 Redstone
- Battery (ID: 2103) – 3 Copper Ingots + 4 Plastic Sheets
- Solenoid (ID: 2106) – 3 iron ingots + 4 Copper Ingots
- Electrical Circuit (advanced) (ID: 2110) – 1 Electrical Circuit (basic) + 2 Plastic Sheets + 2 redstones + 4 Copper Ingots
- Capacitor (ID: 2108) – 2 iron ingots + 1 Plastic Sheet + 1 redstone
- Heat Sink (ID: 2104) – 4 iron ingots + 1 Copper Ingot + 4 Plastic Sheets
- Plastic Sheets (ID: 2102) – 1 Raw Rubber
- Copper Ingot (ID: 2100) – 1 iron ingot
- Electrical Circuit (basic) (ID: 2109) – 1 iron ingot + 4 Plastic Sheets + 2 redstones + 2 Copper Ingots
- Raw Rubber (ID: 2101) – 1 sugar canes
- Item Pipe (188) – 2 iron ingots + 1 glass block
Find a flat surface and place down the quarry block somewhere suitable and then place the chest next to it. Connect a copper wire to the other side of the quarry and pull the wire to the solar panel to connect it.
As soon as you have connected the solar panel to the quarry it will start powering up. Open the quarry options by tapping on a quarry block to view how many percentages has been powered.
Once it has reached 100% press the START button to activate the quarry and have it automatically built. Slowly the quarry structure will be generated. You don’t need to place any of the pipes as it’s all done automatically.
The process of mining will start as soon as the structure of the quarry as been generated. It will dig down at an area of 16 blocks until it reaches bedrock where it will stop.
You can view the progress (%) until finished by tapping on the quarry block to open the quarry interface menu.
All mined blocks will be placed in the chest.
Currently there are five different types of updates available for the quarry:
- Size Upgrade (ID: 2002)
- Speed Upgrade (ID: 2003)
- Silk Touch Upgrade (ID: 2004)
- Fortune Upgrade (ID: 2005)
- Power Storage Upgrade (ID: 2006)
This machine can be used for sorting the items which have been mined using the quarry machine.
To make this work you will need a Sorting Machine, some Extraction Item Pipes and some chests.
(Find more recipes and item IDs which are needed here in section further up about the quarry.)
- Sorting Machine (194) – 1 rose dye + 1 lapis lazuli + 1 dandelion yellow + 1 diamond + 1 orange dye + 1 lime dye + 1 pink dye
- Extraction Item Pipe (194) – 1 Electrical Circuit (basic) + 1 Item Pipe
img of structure
Let’s say we want to have all cobblestones automatically placed in the chest on the right. Each side of the Sorting Machine will have a unique color.
Tap on the Sorting Machine and select an orange slot and then press on a cobblestone in your inventory. This will set the machine to send all the cobblestone blocks to the right chest. (Only works in survival!)
The wrench (ID: 2000) can be used to rotate the quarry structure. Let’s say it’s finished mining and you want to continue in another area then you can tap on the quarry block with the wrench to rotate the entire structure.
Expect more features in the future!