The Soul Science Mod lets you explore a new type of hobby – to collect souls. The souls in Minecraft appears to have two different sides. Being in control of multiple souls apparantly make you more powerful but it also drains a lot of your sanity. As your sanity decreases you will slowly go mad and if you aren’t careful, the madness can lead to death.
Item/Block IDs & Crafting Recipes
- Soul Compressor (180) – 4 iron blocks + 4 diamonds + 1 redstone
- Soul Capturer (493) – 4 diamonds + 4 iron ingots + 1 gold ingot
- Soul (494) – kill mobs with the soul capturer to get
- Sanity Scroll (495) – 1 paper
- Compressed Soul (496) – tap on a soul compressor with souls to get
- Soul Helmet (497) – 5 compressed souls
- Soul Chestplate (498) – 8 compressed souls
- Soul Leggings (499) – 7 compressed souls
- Soul Boots (500) – 4 compressed souls
- The Soul Blade (501) – 3 compressed souls + 2 souls
How to get the souls?
Begin by crafting a Soul Capturer. To actually capture a soul the final blow when killing a mob will have to be with the use of the Soul Capturer item.
Everytime you kill a mob your sanity will drop by three points. To see what your current sanity level is at you can craft a Sanity Scroll and tap with it on the ground.
So when you have gathered a couple of souls from killing mobs you should craft a Soul Compressor. Tap with a soul item on the compressor to get Compressed Soul.
Souls Weapons & Gear
When you have got yourself some compressed souls you can craft gear and weapons.
The Soul Blade: Takes away the soul of a mob instantly. Costs 7 sanity points.
Soul Armor Set: Wearing the armor will drastically decrease your sanity level. It’s very good in a way because it gives you maximum protection. But it’s also very bad because when your sanity goes low your field of view will decrease.
Less than 50: Field of view starts decreasing
Less than 30: Speed of the game increases
Less than 10: Health goes down to half a heart
Less than 5: Death
Important Install Note
Download and install the latest BlockLauncher BETA for the mod to work: http://bit.ly/1znj943