Defined PBR is a Ray Tracing compatible resource pack that combines simple but detailed heightmaps with subtle and consistent materials, leading to a faithful enhancement of the vanilla textures. Version 1.1.3 adds many quality of life changes and updates to pack addons!
This pack will also be updated every time new beta content is released to ensure a seamless experience in game whether you are on the betas or not!
Through designing simple and faithful Ray Tracing textures Defined PBR creates an enhanced vanilla look for the game. Each block uses consistent materials so that they can all look uniform with each other.
New 1.17 Panorama in RTX!
This pack also tweaks several particle transparencies in order to make them less obtrusive.
Other tweaks included include items instantly moving to their destination in the inventory instead of sliding when shift-clicked, and the removal of the item pop animation when using a tool.
Applying this pack in the beta will also result in all beta aspects being hidden as well as supporting the new blocks added.
Pack addons! Glowing Ores:
Old Glowing Ores:
Other pack addons include Borderless Glass, Clear Water, and Glowing Terracotta!
This pack will not work if you do not meet the following requirements:
Minecraft version 1.16.200+ on Windows 10
An Intel Core i5 or better
A Ray Tracing capable graphics card (Nvidia RTX 2000+ or AMD RX 6000+)
At least 8GB of RAM
Leave your suggestions for the pack down below!
Select version for changelog:
- Created a unique icon for the base pack and all pack addons
- Placed the version number in the description of the base pack and all pack addons
- Implemented both subtle and cinematic fog directly into the base pack for use with the new experimental volumes feature (you will still need the pack addons for the fog to use them outside of volumes). Their identifiers are dpbr:cinematic_fog and dpbr:subtle_fog.
- Added PBR support to Tripwire Hook and String
- Improved Powered Rail, Copper Ore, Deepslate Copper Ore, Fletching Table and Enchantment Table materials
- Updated Cinematic Fog pack addon to be compatible with both the release and beta versions of the game
- Improved the scattering and absorption of Cinematic Fog
- Fixed an issue with incorrect fog namespaces in both the Cinematic Fog and Subtle Fog pack addons
- Updated emissivity for Detector Rail in Luminosity
- Implemented Chiseled Stone Bricks, Chiseled Nether Bricks, Chiseled Deepslate, Chiseled Polished Blackstone, Chiseled Quartz Block, Chiseled Red Sandstone, and Cave Vines into Luminosity
- Implemented Podzol into Lower Grass
- Updated Heightmaps and Materials for all Ores in Old Ores and Old Glowing Ores
- Implemented Tinted Glass into Borderless Glass
All links have been moved to Linkvertise! All you have to do is wait for the article window to close and then you'll be sent directly to the mediafire links!
To install, just double click the .mcpack file to have it automatically import into the game. You can then apply the pack to your global resources and use it wherever you like! Make sure that any pack addons you are using are applied above the base pack.