Chests have had pretty much the exact same texture for as long as they’ve been in the game. In other words, a very very long time. As such, they’re rather outdated. Their textures are this odd orange-brown and it doesn‘t even match any of the other wood/wood-derived blocks in the game. That’s what I set out to change.
Select version for changelog:
• Changed resource pack name from Oak Barrel Chests to Wood Plank Chests for the sake of accuracy
• Updated textures to better match the official in-game wood plank textures
• Added subpacks for birch, jungle, spruce, dark oak, and acacia wood
• Updated download links
• Changed the description in accordance with the resource pack changes
• Replaced old images with new updated ones