Begin your Minecraft adventure, in a more unique way with the Origins add-on! Each origin posesses unique pasive, and active traits and abilities that affect the vanilla gameplay. Up to 9 Origins to choose from, or pick the ordinary human origin.
created by: r4isen1920 (Original: APACE100), CrisXolt (UI) and JoshMC (Sprites)
pack version: v1.1
Choosing an Origin
Once you load up your world with the add-on enabled, you are greeted by a selection screen where you can pick your Origin. Alternatively, you can also let the game decide which Origin you would play as.
When it comes to choosing an Origin, you also have to take note of the special traits and abilities they would posses.
- + are traits that bring advantage
- - are traits that bring disadvantages
- = are traits that are either good or bad
Each Origin has their own gameplay impact based of the usual vanilla gameplay. Hover or click on the display as shown below to know the Origin's gameplay impact:
Some traits has their own cooldown, which makes trait unusable for a while and keep things balanced. Watch out for these cooldowns, and plan ahead when utilizing them!
Up to 9 origins are currently playable, plus the human origin which are:
More Origins will be added in the next update!
- This add-on changes how the NPC Interact Screen is being displayed. If you use this add-on to your world, you can't be able to properly use and customize any NPC's anymore.
- There may be UI discrepancies between screen sizes, if you think there's a problem with the UI on your end, please let me know!
- Some traits/abilities have been changed compared to the original Java mod by APACE100, this is due to technical limitations. Please let me know if you think there's a need for balancing it!
This add-on supports localization. If you are interested and would like to contribute into translating this add-on, please head over to my contact form.
Local / LAN
- Please enable some 'experiments': (Holiday Creator Features, Additional Modding Capabilities, and Upcoming Creator Features).
- Create a new local world
- Enable some 'experiments': (Holiday Creator Features, Additional Modding Capabilities, and Upcoming Creator Features) from your world settings
- Apply the add-on (both behavior and resource packs)
- Save & quit from the world
- Import the world to your realms
- You are not allowed to use any of the code within the add-on without my permission, or at least sufficient credits to the creator.
- Do not re-upload, repost or otherwise take the content solely for the benefit of your own.
- Feel free to utilize the add-on's code for learning, and not stealing.
- Please let me know through this link here.