Ever wanted more ores in Minecraft? What about palm trees and new mobs? Or even more weapons and tools? Well this is the perfect creative or survival add-on as it adds all of those!
In this add-on there are over 250 new blocks, over 100 new items, and around 30 new mobs for you to use and explore. Some of the new blocks include dyed planks, stained Redstone lamps, more stone brick variants, and much more.
For every ore in the game there is a rough item that can be chiseled to make the polished variant (or the normal type). For example, when amethyst ore is mined, it drops rough amethyst. This rough amethyst can be crafted with a chisel to make polished amethyst. The same applies for all ores, however, already existing ores still drop the same item. It will hopefully be possible to change existing block loot tables in the future.
There are also new GUI features, such as a new panorama, a new dark mode option, and new splash text. Dark mode can be applied by going to settings and global resources, then click the Expansion+ Resource Pack and tap the pack settings button.
This add-on contains more features than just blocks, and items. There are also more natural generation features and smaller features such as more game settings.
Cave generation has also completely changed. Depending on the biome you're in, the blocks in the cave will be different. For example, icy caves have lots of frosted and frozen stone. Emerald ore and sapphire ore will now naturally generate in the End dimension.
There are many new structures added into the game, such as palm trees and desert pyramids. Here is a list of all the new structures that can be found:
- Palm Trees are found on beaches and are the only way to obtain palm wood.
- Finwald Trees are found all over the End and only grow on top of a new block called Finkrus.
- Pyramids can be found in desert biomes and contain gold blocks in the treasure room, but to get there you will have to make your way through a maze.
- The Dragon's Cave will rarely generate in caves. Inside it you will find lots of treasures guarded by a dragon. You can either kill the dragon, or attempt to tame it with fish.
- There are also four new dungeons that can be found in certain biomes. For example, the Fire Dungeon can be found in desert or mesa caves.
- Badlands Camps can be found in any type of mesa biome. It is a deserted camp, but there may be some left behind loot there to salvage.
- Endermen Storage Rooms can be rarely found in the outskirts of the End. They contain all of the blocks that Endermen take from the overworld.
Although Expansion+ is packed full of features, there are some unfixable bugs:
- As of Minecraft version 1.16.0, custom block do not appear in the creative inventory. Also in 1.16.0 custom biomes do not seem to generate.
- I have had some reports of skins being broken, but as soon as I find what is causing this I will release an update.
Some blocks such as candles and the weather detector can not yet be crafted in survival. However, this will be changed in a future update.
Select version for changelog:
- Link now works properly (JEBR Gaming website was updated so some download links no longer worked)
Make sure to turn on Experimental Gameplay and Mob Spawning to make sure all of the features work.