Survival Reignited changes core mechanics of Minecraft and presents more goals and challenges in a natural feeling and vanilla style way, as well as significantly increasing the difficulty and slowing down the pace of the game in a fun and strategic way.
Remember when the first night was scary? Remember when the sound of zombies made you panic, and you didn’t have a full set of iron gear by the second day? Remember when you built traps and took precautions in order to survive? This addon reignites the feeling we all first got on our first night, or when we first crafted a diamond sword. Prepare to once again need to build traps and walls to defend yourself, to go on journeys to find resources, to bravely adventure through the now evermore hellish and unforgiving Nether, and relive your first days in Minecraft.
Here's a handful of examples of everything you can find in this addon!
There's anew, frozen crypt structure that spawns in the ice plains biome! They are hard to spot, and spawn rarely, but once you do come across one, it's filled with strays, vex, and various hidden traps. But at the bottom is several chests and budding amethyst blocks! You can even find shulker shells in the chests!
Another new structure spawns in all biomes. It's known as an Evil Outpost. Vindicators and Wither Skeletons that have come into the overworld through what are now ruined portals live inside! You can find several chests as well as blocks of gold if you're able to make your way up to the top.
There's a new End Portal structure as well! It's a single room with one hallway that spawns very rarely underground.
New, taller and more fortified Pillager outposts can spawn throughout your world. They have 3 chests inside.
Ruined and abandoned variants of village buildings such as blacksmiths, churches, and houses will spawn randomly throughout various grassy and forested biomes. All of them have 1 chest inside.
Ravagers can break more blocks now! the ones on the left are examples of what they can break through, vs. some of the ones they can't on the right.
Creepers explode with a much stronger force, and start fire everywhere around the explosion.
Wandering Traders have had some of their trades changed to make them more useful!
For a full changelog of the over 170 changes made You can read everything there is to know about this addon HERE, on a Google Docs, or scroll straight down to the download and let it surprise you, figure things out for yourself like it’s your first time playing Minecraft all over again.
- MachineBuilder's structure generator tool
- Multipixel Texture Pack (For some of the pictures used)
- Whitelight's critique of Minecraft Youtube video (For inspiration)
Select version for changelog:
- Overall, slightly less lag on low end devices as less command blocks are being used.
- Dead Trees now only spawn in the desert biome. Also redesigned them and made them slightly less common.
- Ruined Blacksmiths now spawn rarely in forest, birch, and plains biomes.
- Huge Ruined Nether Portals now spawn rarely in plains, desert, and jungle biomes. They have 2 chests and a magma cube spawner.
- Large glowing oak trees spawn in forest biomes now
- A new Frozen Crypt structure has been added. It's an almost entirely underground structure made up of ice and deepslate with 3 chests, 4 budding amethyst blocks, 2 Stray spawners, 1 Vex spawner, and several hidden traps. It spawns only in the ice plains biome. It’s the only place in the overworld where you can, very rarely, find shulker shells, which are apart of the chest loot.
- Changed Raids back to an always on thing, however they are much, much more rare now. You’ll only ever see one after a thunderstorm, and only sometimes after one.
- Spiders now reliably give the player fatal poison when they hit them as it's a part of their code and not controlled by a command block anymore. The effect time was lowered from 10 seconds to 7.
- Skeletons now are reliably fire immune and won’t burn for a few seconds after spawning as it's a part of their code now instead of being given the fire resistance effect by a command block.
- Skeleton horses now are reliably fire immune and won’t burn for a few seconds after spawning as it's a part of their code now instead of being given the fire resistance effect by a command block.
- Bees reward 120 xp now instead of 130 for being given a block of honey.
- Raised the minimum emeralds a stone mansion wants for a block of obsidian from 3 to 5, in order to make the small amount of obsidian needed for a nether portal harder to come by, and encourage exploring/looting blacksmith chests as an equally good option.
- Slightly altered the Wandering Villager’s trades.
- Removed the gilded blackstone based “bartering” system with villagers, who would give back either a diamond, xp bottle, or emerald upon a block of gilded blackstone being thrown onto the ground in front of them. Now instead, this is a part of the stone mansion villagers level 4 trade.
- Removed the Emerald Block based “bartering” system with villagers, who would give a diamond upon being thrown a Block of Emerald. This change was made since diamonds can be traded from stone mansions now for a gilded blackstone.
- Removed the /SetHome function since it became longer needed after the bed change was removed several updates ago. The exact same thing can be done with the /setworldspawn command.
- Updated the /Help function.
- Removed zombie villager’s fire resistance effect as it felt too unrealistic.
- Phantom’s loot table has been updated and is code based now instead of command block run, where loot was being placed in their “hand.” They no longer have the extremely rare chance of dropping an elytra, but drop xp bottles more often and can now drop chorus fruit.
- Squid’s loot table has been updated and is code based now instead of command block run, where loot was being placed in their “hand.”
- Creeper’s loot table has been updated and is code based now instead of command block run, where loot was being placed in their “hand.” They can also very rarely drop fire charges now.
- Changed all crafting recipes regarding iron ingot ←→ iron block or iron ingot ←→ iron nugget to 9 instead of 8. This small change was made to rebalance after iron ore was changed to drop more with fortune.
READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING
There is an extra step of installation even after you start the world! Use the command "/function survivalplus" in order for the full addon to work properly. You'll lose everything in your inventory when you do this, so do it right when you join the world. It also only needs to be done once, ever in a world.
Make sure cheats and all experiments are toggled ON in settings!
HOW TO UPDATE ADDON VERSIONS
After downloading the new version and having it import to Minecraft, on any world you've been using the addon on, go to behavior packs and remove the old version, then add the new 1.4 version.
Once you load into the world, type "/function UpdateSurvivalReignited" to finish the update. Without this, many of the new features won't get added!