created by: r4isen1920 / Models by Wind_WL / Inspired from PheonixSC / Pack Icon by Řodrigues
pack version: v2.0
Approach a mob to infect them. Infected mobs give off red particles, and may infect other mobs in their vicinity as well.
For each mob you infect, you'll gain 2 [DNA Points] and 5 [Virulence] at a time. You'll also gain [DNA Points] and [Virulence] when you kill a mob by infecting them.
Evolving & Upgrades
You can use the items on your hotbar to upgrade, mutate or evolve certain virus components. Some tips also show on screen.
Learn more about certain things you can upgrade below. Every 'upgrade' uses [DNA Points], so spend them wisely!
Infecting a Village
Villages are a good way to start your infection, as it has a good amount of Villagers you can infect and host on. Just approach the Villagers to infect them.
Typically, there can be up to 20 (more or less) mobs in a Village, including Cats, Iron Golems, and more.
Hostile mobs usually spawn at night and you can take advantage of this. It is also possible that you can infect certain hostile mobs at night, and kill them through the day!
Undead monsters will take more damage than any other mob when infected.
Raining and weather conditions
Infecting mobs underwater is almost the same as infecting them while raining! By infecting mobs while it's raining, they can spread the virus further than usual!
[Transmission] determines how the Virus (you) can infect other mobs. By evolving this component, you can mutate certain abilities that allows you to progress even further!
- LEVEL I: Increases the spread distance to 2 blocks. You can begin to approach mobs from this range and infect them.
- LEVEL II: Mob transmission is mutated. Infected mobs can infect other mobs as well through direct skin contact.
- LEVEL III: Water transmission is mutated. This allows for the pathogen to survive underwater, which allows you to infect mobs underwater as well.
- LEVEL IV: Airbone transmission is mutated. Allowing the pathogen to move around air faster.
- LEVEL V (MAX): Unlocks the 'Navigator' ability that senses nearby mobs.
This ability can be acquired from the [Transmission]. The virus is able to detect nearby mobs it can still host on. It uses two (2) DNA Points per use.
Simply tap on the ground while holding it to use.
[Symptoms] promote virus infection. This determines the range of mob transmission on land and even underwater! By evolving this component, you allow for the virus to spread even further.
For every two evolutions, mobs can infect other mobs for up to one more blocks of range and two blocks while underwater or if it's raining
There are ten evolutions for [Symptoms]. Some levels have a requirement before you can unlock them.
Enabling [Lethality] will begin to kill the infected mobs. The higher the [Lethality] evolution, the more potent it is– killing even certain mobs in an instant.
Certain evolutions has to meet the requirements, before the virus can kill the infected mobs.
- LEVEL I: Requires [Symptoms] at III. Increases max [Virulence] for to 125.
- LEVEL II: Increases max [Virulence] for to 150.
- LEVEL III: Requires [Symptoms] at VIII. Increases max [Virulence] for to 175.
- LEVEL IV: Increases max [Virulence] to 200. Undead mobs are now affected in this stage.
[Resilience] slows the rate of Virulence per every level. By slowing down the rate, you'll have more time of finding the mobs and getting more chance to survive!
There are two levels of [Resilience].
[Genetic Reshuffle] will summon a swarm of Bats that carries the Virus genes with them. These Bats can infect other mobs, and ticks the world so that they can continously infect others even if you're quite far.
Requires max evolution of [Symptoms] before it can be activated. Once activated, you will be temporarily blocked from mutating or evolving components for 60 seconds.
Java Edition Showcase
This add-on was originally inspired from PheonixSC! Please check the gameplay footage above where he showcase how to play the game. While being different from the original Java version, you can still use this as a basis for the add-on's gameplay.
- There are various scientific information about this add-on regarding pathogen. However, they are may or may not 100% accurate as I can find room for improvement. It is still better to do research on your own, and not using this as a basis for your knowledge. Thank you!
- In this pandemic, I am not trying to promote the 'current virus', but all the virus in general. In this add-on, you can learn some of the information about viruses. As always, take care and stay safe!
Select version for changelog:
- Updated download links. (A A A A A A A A)
- Device RAM: the more RAM capacity you have, the better this add-on should run. This add-on runs multiple functions at a time both for the player and the infected mobs. Though, it doesn't mean you'd have to run it on a high-end device, I am just recommending you to do so for a better experience.