On Bedrock we recently got the stone cutter in the game and when using it i noticed its functionality is very similar to the chisel from java edition so I decided to get to work moving it over. This Add-on currently adds over 2,000 new blocks to decorate with and there will be more on the way!
Blocks available to chisel now
- All wood planks
- All concrete colors
- Chisel Basalt
- Nether Update Basalt
- Glowstone (yes it still gives off light!)
- Lava Cobble
- Magma Blocks
- Coal and Charcoal
- Packed Ice
- Red and Yellow Sandstone
- Red and Normal NetherBrick
- Terracotta (Just the basic block no colors)
- Factory Block
- Laboratory Block
- Paper Block
- Warped and Crimson Planks
- Crafting table for all wood types
For coal and charcoal use Coal block.
Until the Nether Update releases officially make the Warped and Crimson planks with Netherrack and the Nether Basalt with normal Chisel Basalt.
Directly from the PC mod Marble, Basalt, and Limestone have arrived. These new decorative blocks have natural generation in your world! Limestone is located underground in swamps, Marble is located in extreme hills, and Basalt is Y level 20 and below anywhere. Don't worry though if you already have a generated world they also come with crafting recipes!
Lava cobble is obtainable by crafting cobblestone surrounding a bucket of lava.
New Connected Texture Variants
New variant blocks allow for connected textures for blocks already in chisel. Blocks with light blue name have variants!
Current blocks with Connected Texture Variants
To craft simply place Chisel block back in stone cutter and variants will pop up if it has any!
Updated trim blocks now rotate depending on which block face they are placed on!
Crafting is super simple as well! Simply take one of the blocks that is currently implemented and just put it in the stone cutter. All the blocks it can craft will be displayed for you to choose!
Then to craft back into base material place the chiseled block back in the stone cutter!
To make alternate wood type crafting tables place a crafting table in the crafting grid beside the wood type you want it to match.
Make sure the block is beside the crafting table. Will most likely make this a shapless recipe in a later update.
Thank you to the original mod creator AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN for creating such a wonderful mod and thank you to tterrag, Drullkus, minecreatr, and to everyone else who has been involved in the original mod in any way. These textures are not my own I simply used them from the original mod Chisel and brought them over so bedrock users could experience them as well.
Some other textures are from the Painterly Pack created by Rhodox and Friends. A link to the Painterly pack follows if you would like to check them out. http://painterlypack.net/
If you like what I make consider following me on twitter at https://twitter.com/Mc77Rivers. Twitter is the easiest way to contact me about bugs and to stay up to date on what i'm working on. Thanks and i hope you all enjoy!
If showcasing please use link for this mcpedl page do not use your own link. Also if used in any projects must give credit to original Devs from Java edition and the creator of the Painterly Pack. Thanks
Select version for changelog:
- Updated all blocks to not allow light through them like vanilla
- Updated trim blocks to use one block instead of Horizontal and Vertical
- See Installation tutorial for PSA if updating from an older Chisel Bedrock version
- Click download and you'll be taken to mediafire.
- Have fun!
- PSA: If downloading most recent update all trim block variants you have built with in previous version will disappear and need to be replaced by new and improved trim blocks. I recommend making a backup of your world. Also If you don't mind all those materials for blocks disapearing go ahead and update pack, If you value all those blocks remove them from you base and craft back to base vanilla block before updating.