If rally is a stage where automakers prove the reliability, endurance and toughness of their vehicles, then Formula 1 is a stage where automakers get to boast their ingenuity and advanced technology discoveries through the machines they make that'd compete in F1. Even if you don't know much about car culture or anything automotive related, you've most probably witnessed an F1 car speeding through the straights of a circuit on TV before. What's there not to love? The excitement and adrenaline gained from witnessing the high speed overtakes of the season's two main rivals as they fight for first position and not to mention the orgasmic sounds produced by these machines. Anyways, for this pack, I've decided to make the F1s that competed in the 44th season of the FIA Formula 1 series (1990) as, aside from my love for the F1 designs from that era (1987-1994), 1990 also saw the previous year's champion, Alain Prost, switching over to Ferrari which fueled the whole rivalry between him and the one and only, Ayrton Senna even more. High stake rivalries and super fast machines, a perfect combination that leads to exciting, historical and memorable moments.
• About project - and regarding acceleration While the project is made due to the lack of F1 addons that truly pay homage to the sport and it's drivers, it was originally made as a "testing grounds" for me to test out a theory I thought up of whilst brushing my teeth whilst releasing a brown substance from my body and into the toilet bowl. What was the theory you may ask? Well if the title of this project wasn't obvious enough, I was testing out acceleration, a thing I have been trying to figure out since day 1 of me making car addons. In a nutshell; The F1s in this pack have acceleration, allowing for more competitive racing between you and your friends (Granted you have friends)! This also adds up to the whole "immersiveness" idea I guess. Whether I'll add acceleration to future car projects is still undetermined as by doing so, I'll have to add acceleration to every single car that I've made before, and just thinking of the amount of time thats gonna take already causes me to have headaches. That's also another reason why I made this pack. If yall do wanna have this acceleration feature on future cars then do leave a comment whether you want so or not.
AS OF UPDATE 1.17.30
For whatever reason (most likely a bug), the function that triggers the acceleration does not work in update 1.17.30. After discussion with a few other addon developers in the Bedrock Addons discord server, this is (as mentioned earlier) most likely a bug.
Until Mojang fixes this, acceleration will not be available for this pack as well as upcoming projects. Very sad, I know :/
• Addon details
For now, this addon adds 5 selected F1s from the 44th season of F1, 4 of which are F1s by the manufacturers that actually won a Grand Prix in the season (McLaren, Ferrari, Williams and Benetton). The 5th F1 in this pack, made by Lotus was selected randomly. Other F1s by other manufacturers will be added if this addon is well received and if people do actually want to see the other F1s that competed.
• The F1s
1) McLaren-Honda MP4/5B
2) Ferrari 641 / F190
3) Williams-Renault FW13B
4) Benetton-Ford B190
5) Lotus-Lamborghini 102
• How to open the doors
Last time I checked, F1s don't have doors so...
Just right click the damn F1 to get in and drive away
• Advanced sounds
In total there are 3 sound effects for the cars. The list are as follows:
Startup sound effect - When the player sits in the car
Driving sound effect - When the player drives the car
Custom car damage sound - When the car is damaged / takes a hit
This addon DOES NOT REQUIRE (any type of..) EXPERIMENTAL MODE.
• Need a map for a project but suck at building?
A few of my friends recently over at Team Green Build Team (TGBT) have started doing commissions for making maps! So if you do have a project that requires a map then consider checking them out. For more details/information, feel free to check out their MCPEDL creations, Discord server and also the actual website where you can commission them!
• How to obtain
Method 1: Get their spawn eggs from the Creative Inventory. They are classified as spawn eggs.
Method 2: Use /summon commands:
Twitter account: @ashminggu
Instagram account: @ashminggu
Email account: [email protected]
Youtube: Ashminggu Ashkali
• Problem with Linkvertise?
Contact me through one of my contacts listed above and I’ll send a direct download link whenever possible, no Linkvertise restrictions!
This addon is exclusive for MCPEDL. Any other websites/apps that distribute this addon without my approval are false and are an act of plagiarism.
Select version for changelog:
• Update 25/9/21
- Added temporary versions for 1.17.30 until the bug is fixed by Mojang whilst maintaining the version for the updates prior to 1.17.30.
• Confused about the download links?
Win10 = High speed version, suitable for race track maps.
Mobile = Lowered speed version.
1) All the downloads below contain both the Behavior Pack (BP) and the Resource Pack (RP).
2) Considering that this is an F1 pack which means these machines are meant for racing, a Mobile Revised option is not available for this pack. If I made the speeds too slow, then racing with these machines would be as entertaining as watching 2 old folks "race" eachother on their electric scooters.
3) Due to a bug in 1.17.30, acceleration doesn't work. For users of 1.17.30, you will have to use either the Win10 or Mobile version that is labelled with "(For 1.17.30)" that is located below in the downloads section.