With the geometry shader files originally used for rendering in VR, this shader duplicates the cloud layer to give more depth to the sky. The sharp blocky shading on the clouds is also softened, and made slightly more transparent. Because this shader only modifies the clouds, it can be used on top of other shaders.
- Multiple cloud layers
- Softer shading
- Clouds darken when raining
- Clouds become more transparent during the night
- Compatibility when used on top of other shaders
Why can't this work on Android/IOS?
The geometry shader files that are needed are only present for the win10 edition of bedrock, since the android/ios versions of the game use a different shader language that does not use geometry shaders.
- Please don't repost this resource pack behind ad links
- You can distribute this shader as part of your own pack only if:
- Your new pack contains more than just cloud shaders
- You include a link to this page in your post's description
Thanks to PHO for sharing some of the techniques used for weather and time detection, and Matt for sharing the possibilities with the geometry shader:
- Natural Mystic Shaders by PHO - https://mcpedl.com/natural-mystic-shaders/
Thanks to gengHAr15, Mcbe_Eringi, and Eldeston for letting me use their shaders to showcase compatibility:
Select version for changelog:
This is just a small update that fixes the bug where this shader would cause minecraft to use the old pigman model and texture. This will be the final update to this pack, since the new render engine is expected to make all shaders incompatible very soon.
Enjoy it while you can!
THIS SHADER WILL ONLY WORK ON WINDOWS 10!
Though apparently it also works on windows phones. It is not compatible with the beta, since it uses the new render engine.
Make sure that clouds and fancy graphics are enabled in the video settings, and that there are no other shaders/texture packs that disable the vanilla clouds on top of this pack.