This add-on adds new cave types for you to explore. Be careful of deadly mobs along the way, and you'll be able to find valuable ores for you to level-up your gear!
This add-on currently only adds 4 new cave types, but more will be added in future updates.
- These caves generate exclusively under Mushroom Islands
- This is a peaceful cave with no natural hostile mobs spawning
- The entire cave is slightly lit up with vegetation!
Vegetation & Foliage
- Giant Luminous Mushrooms generate in this cave
- Normal-sized mushrooms generate on the surface
- Radiant Vines grow from the ground
- These plants all emit a small amount of light!
- Luminous Mushroom Stew can be crafted with 1 Bowl and 2 Luminous Mushrooms
- Replenishes 6 hunger points (3 hunger bars)
- Gives you Night Vision for 15 seconds
- Luminite is a blue gemstone that can be found in Luminous Caverns
- Luminite Ore generates at Y levels -64 to 12 (1 to 12 in old world generation)
- Drops 1-2 Luminite Shards when broken
- Combine 8 Luminite Shards and 1 Diamond in a Crafting Table to get 1 Luminite
- Luminite can be used to craft gear!
- Luminite gear can burn in fire but is invulnerable to explosions
- Because of how hard to get Luminite is, Luminite gear is slightly better than Netherite gear!
- The Shroom Elf spawns in Luminous Caverns
- They can be bred using Luminous Mushrooms
- They spawn in large groups of 4-8
- They have 8 health (4 hearts) and die almost instantly from lava
- They run away from the player but can be lured using Luminous Mushrooms
- They drop 0-2 Luminous Mushrooms when killed
- These caves generate exclusively under Swamps
- This is a very dangerous cave with thick green fog, limiting your render distance
Vegetation & Foliage
- A layer of Slimy Stone replaces Stone on the surface, which slows you down
- Slime Layers cover most of the floor
- Slimy Blossoms and Slimy Sprouts scatter across the cave
- Slime drips from the ceiling
- Slime Soup can be crafted with 1 Bowl and 2 Slimeballs
- Replenishes 3 hunger points (1.5 bars)
- Gives you Jump Boost II for 8 seconds and Resistance II for 5 seconds
- Has a 45% chance to also give you Hunger I for 30 seconds and Nausea II for 20 seconds
- Slimy Zombies spawn in the Slimy Sewers
- They spawn in large hordes of 4 to 7
- They have 20 health (10 hearts) like regular zombies
- They throw Hardened Slimeballs at enemies which deals 7 damage (3.5 hearts) with no armor
- They drop Rotten Flesh and Hardened Slimeballs when killed
- Vanilla Minecraft Slimes also spawn more frequently here, in groups of 2 to 4
- These caves generate exclusively under Deserts
- This is a very dusty cave with thick yellow fog
Vegetation & Foliage
- All stone in this cave is replaced with Limestone, Cobbled Limestone, and Sandstone
- Patches of Quicksand occasionally generate
- Sandy Roots hang from the ceiling
- Scorpions spawn in the Limestone Caves
- They spawn in swarms of 2 to 4
- They have 16 health (8 hearts)
- They inflict 10 seconds of Poison every attack
- They drop Raw Scorpion items on death (or Cooked Scorpion items if died in fire or lava)
- Vanilla Minecraft Husks also spawn more frequently here, in hordes of 2 to 4
- Raw Scorpion items drop from Scorpions on death
- Replenishes 1 hunger point (0.5 bars)
- Gives you Fatal Poison II for 10 seconds, Nausea III for 8 seconds, and Hunger III for 10 seconds
- Raw Scorpion items can be smelted in a Furnace or Smoker to make a Cooked Scorpion
- Replenishes 5 hunger points (2.5 bars)
- Raw Scorpion items can be used to brew Fatal Poison potions.
- Limestone Dungeons generate under Deserts between Y=6 and 47.
- There are 4 spawners, 2 with Scorpions, and 2 with Husks
- There is a treasure chest in the middle with valuable loot
- Limestone Dungeons are built using Limestone Bricks. You can craft them using Limestone, and there are many other variants as well!
- These caves generate exclusively under frozen biomes
- Ice can be found everywhere, including dripping icicles and ice crystals
Vegetation & Foliage
- Ice Crystals, Frosted Stone and Frosted Deepslate replaces most stone on the cave surface
- Crystallized Ice and Blue Ice make up the cave ceiling
- Pebbles can be found on the floor
- Icicles drip from the ceiling
- Penguins spawn in the Ice Caves and on the surface of frozen biomes
- They spawn in groups of 3 to 5 on the surface and 2 to 4 underground
- They have 10 health (5 hearts)
- Vanilla Minecraft Strays also spawn more frequently here, in armies of 2 to 4
- Ice Crystal items can be used to brew Freezing potions, which gives you Slowness and Mining Fatigue.
- Lost Explorer Camps generate under frozen biomes (in ice caves) between Y=-30 and 20.
- Lost Explorers trade you materials from the surface for things found underground
- Because of a Minecraft bug, Lost Explorers do not spawn along with the structure. To spawn the Lost Explorer, interact with the Suitcase when holding an Emerald.
- Packed Ice Bricks can be crafted using Packed Ice. There is also Chiseled Packed Ice with a snowflake pattern!
- You can find the toggles in World Settings under the Game section.
- These toggles must be turned on:
- Holiday Creator Features
- Creation of Custom Biomes
- Experimental Molang Features
- The Caves & Cliffs toggle is optional. It is recommended to turn it on for better cave generation; but if your device cannot handle it, do not turn it on. The add-on will still function as normal.
- Backup your world first if you are turning on these toggles on an existing world!
- The thick green fog from the Slimy Sewers, the yellow fog from the Limestone Caves and the blue fog from the Ice Caves also appear on the surface.
- Efficiency can be applied to Luminite tools but there will be no effect. This is a Minecraft bug.
- Due to technical limitations, Radiant Vines, Dripping Slime, Sandy Roots and Dripping Icicles will not break when a supporting block is broken.
- Due to technical limitations, Luminous Mushrooms, Radiant Vines, Slime Layers, Slimy Blossoms, Slimy Sprouts, Dripping Slime, Sandy Roots, Sand Layers, Dripping Icicles, Ice Crystals and Suitcases do not get destroyed by water or lava and are not able to be waterlogged.
- Some errors may show up when generating a world. These errors do not affect gameplay in any way and can be safely ignored. To turn off the error log, go to Settings > Creator > turn off “Enable Content Log GUI”.
- World generation may take a bit longer when this add-on is activated. If the progress bar gets stuck, force close Minecraft and try again. If this repeatedly occurs, open your world without the Caves & Cliffs toggle.
- There is a known bug in Minecraft 1.17.30 that causes chunk errors in your world. This add-on does not have anything to do with this bug. It is very important to backup your world!
This add-on may decrease performance on lower-end and weaker devices.
Please report any bugs you find! Suggestions are also welcome.
- A massive thank you to everyone who contributed to the pack! Names are listed in alphabetical order.
1. You must NOT share the MediaFire link to the download directly. Always share the link to this MCPEDL page. Do NOT set up a new download link yourself.
2. Credit me if you are using my pack.
3. Contact me for permission before using this add-on in a public modpack.
4. You should always backup your world once in a while when playing. I am not responsible for any loss.
5. This work is licensed under CC BY-ND 4.0. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/
Select version for changelog:
Version 1.2.1 (September 28, 2021)
- New Blocks:
- Frosted Deepslate
- Frosted Deepslate Pebbles
- Removed the subpack version selector. No more confusion!
- The Caves & Cliffs experimental toggle is no longer compulsory.
- Scorpions are now bigger, similar to the cave spider.
- The Limestone Dungeon chest loot is now randomized.
- Frosted Deepslate & Pebbles now generate instead of normal Deepslate at negative Y levels in Ice Caves.
- The textures of Pebbles, Cobblestone Pebbles, Slime Layers and Sand Layers can now be changed by resource packs.
- This add-on now requires Minecraft 1.17.30 or above to function.
- Fixed Bugs:
- Custom blocks now appear in the creative inventory.
- Ice Crystal items now render correctly when held.
- Ice Cave ceilings now generate correctly at negative Y levels.
- Quicksand will no longer generate at negative Y levels.
- The pack should now import into Minecraft correctly.
To get through the Linkvertise page, follow these instructions:
1. After clicking on the download link in MCPEDL, you should see this screen. Click on "Click here to continue".
2. Wait 5 seconds, then click on "Free Access with Ads".
3. Click on "Discover interesting articles".
4. A popup will appear with articles. You do not need to read any articles. Click on the cross at the top right corner and wait 10 seconds. After that, click on the cross again.
5. The popup should close. Now, click on "Continue". You should be brought to the MediaFire download screen.
Monetising my content helps support me so I can continue working on packs like this one. Thank you for the support!